2010 Tahoe "Engine Power Reduced"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A123

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2010 PPV Tahoe and recently when I start the engine when its cold after sitting for couple days the "Engine Power Reduced" light comes on. I turn it off, give a few mins then turn back on, its normal but Engine light stays on for 1-2 days.

Any solution to this? It already happened 3 times in a month...

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2010 PPV Tahoe and recently when I start the engine when its cold after sitting for couple days the "Engine Power Reduced" light comes on. I turn it off, give a few mins then turn back on, its normal but Engine light stays on for 1-2 days.

If the CEL is on for 1-2 days then you need to check the codes so you know what direction to start looking.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
typically "reduced engine power" is a throttle body fault, have you ever cleaned it?, not trying to take you down a rabbit hole, do like Ken said and have it scanned for codes, most auto parts stores will scan it for free

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of things it could be, but as suggested try to read the codes. It may be the "TPS" Throttle Position Sensor or it could be the throttle pedal itself. When this happened on my trailblazer it was the TPS

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

There is a recall for this issue. It is most likely the THrottle Position Sensor (TPS). Depending on your mileage it may still be covered under warranty; my 2009 was covered last January. My dealer said I had to make an appointment two weeks or so out and I said don’t bother. The part is like $25-30 from amazon or RockAuto and takes 15 min to change out after you remove the throttle body assembly.
Now with that considered, my issue went away and never returned UNTIL about a month ago when it was -20 out and it was sitting overnight. I had to delete the trouble code and let it warm up so it would stop running rough. It’s been just as cold out and never happened again — maybe that time it was a bad ground? Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium