2010 Service 4 wheel drive message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Service 4 wheel drive message came up for me on the way to work one morning. Its about a 18 mile trip there. It was clear on the way home that evening. So is that how it generally lets you know when to service it or is something wrong? I have not used 4x4 in about a month so have not tested it. If it needs just serviced, what do i need to do do it?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Service 4 wheel drive message came up for me on the way to work one morning. Its about a 18 mile trip there. It was clear on the way home that evening. So is that how it generally lets you know when to service it or is something wrong? I have not used 4x4 in about a month so have not tested it. If it needs just serviced, what do i need to do do it?
Run it through its paces to see what's wrong since you don't have a proper scan tool to pull the codes.

Rolexus

Reaction score
You might also want to check that grounds to frame/body are making good contact.

Rmixon3731

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Tahoe LTZ 150K miles with the same service light concern. It came on when I switched the control from Auto to 2WD. Switching back didn't seem to help. I haven't had any noise/grinding; as far as I know, all is working. If I might ask, what did you find out, and how was it resolved? Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14