2010 Passenger Seat Recline Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've tried a search for this, but I'm not sure I'm looking for the right thing...

The passenger seat in my wife's Yukon will recline just fine, but won't come back upright. Obviously, the motor works so that's not an issue. I took everything apart and reset the seat to the upright position mechanically and it still works to recline but not to the upright position.

I haven't been successful in finding a schematic of the seat components so I'm curious if there's a stop switch to prevent over travel of the seat in either direction or if it's internal to the main switch.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Michael. Does the motor get power from the switch in both directions?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried a search for this, but I'm not sure I'm looking for the right thing...

The passenger seat in my wife's Yukon will recline just fine, but won't come back upright. Obviously, the motor works so that's not an issue. I took everything apart and reset the seat to the upright position mechanically and it still works to recline but not to the upright position.

I haven't been successful in finding a schematic of the seat components so I'm curious if there's a stop switch to prevent over travel of the seat in either direction or if it's internal to the main switch.
Sounds like your switch assembly has gone bad. It’s an easy fix and costs about $50 for the switch.

upload_2019-10-30_20-36-12.jpeg upload_2019-10-30_20-36-12.png

Nightshade715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Did u ever find the solution to this problem have this same problem with my 2013 yukon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9