2010 Escalade suspension issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Awall10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The TC shudder is an issue with the 15-20 models, not the 07-14’s.
I thought so and I don’t think that’s my problem but it shows a torque converter can cause symptoms that some would describe as a shuffleboard or washboard esque ride and not just a vibration. I’m not going to rule anything out but I’m leaning towards a tire or another bad strut at this point.

isp5190

Reaction score
one thing you can check is the rear air pump operation.
1. turn the key to run, then listen near the drivers rear tire area, you should hear the air pump run for a few seconds.
2. have a helper turn the key to run while you are listening close the rear drivers side tire, you should hear some air release for just a brief second then you should hear the pump come on for a few seconds.
3. reach under the rear of the vehicle and give the rear shock bladder a squeeze (like charmin) it should have some slight firmness, if it is very hard and you do not hear the brief air release when turning the key to run then the pump air release valve may be defective and it is just pumping the bladders up until they are rock hard and causing a rough ride.
4. alternatively if the pump does not run each time you turn the key to run then this is a sign the pump is probably not working right.
5. if the air pump runs and the shock bladders are not inflated at all then you have a leak.
6. check the shock bladders the next morning (before you turn the key to start) they should be still holding air from the previous day.
7. if you never hear the pump running and the bladders are empty then you probably have a blown air pump.

Like James said the system could probably use a calibration any shop with a tech2 could do it, it only takes a couple minutes. or just buy one of the clones and have it for future money saving troubleshooting.
when the calibration is performed be sure the vehicle is empty (no passengers or anything loaded in it) and be sure it is parked on a level surface, the calibration can be done with the tech2 cable running thru the door window and standing from outside the vehicle.

How do I check to see if I have a leak, shocks, lines, ect..? Our 2009 LTZ's air pump seems to be running longer and more than in the pass.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I check to see if I have a leak, shocks, lines, ect..? Our 2009 LTZ's air pump seems to be running longer and more than in the pass.
Soapy water in a spray bottle and spray the fittings and shock air bladders.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aside from what mark said, before you start the truck in the morning reach under and squeeze the bellows on a shock, if it is deflated in the morning before the pump is ran then you probably have a leak, it is a parallel system the line goes from the pump and to both shocks it's not separate to each side. In my case I had leaking shocks so I replaced them and the pump, later down the road about a year I was loosing air in the shocks so I did the water soap test and discovered the air pump was leaking air, replaced the pump again and no problems since

isp5190

Reaction score
Got the new shocks installed this evening. Although this past weekend (before new shocks) when towing the boat the pump was not running. What fuse powers the pump? Or the pump when bad?