2010 Escalade Hybrid Drive Inverter VIN encoding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orion2291

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A very specific question for those with Tech 2s. I am working on a 2010 Escalade 2-mode Hybrid. I replaced the Hybrid Drive Inverter that’s located under the hood at the passenger side firewall. The replacement looks identical and has the same part numbers as the original. I came to find out this particular component is VIN encoded to the theft system. Since it came off of a different vehicle, the theft system is now activated and the vehicle won’t start.
Can a new VIN be encoded to this Inverter to make it work or are they not interchangeable. I can’t find a local service department to give a straight answer.
I would rather not pay the $3500 to purchase a new one from GM.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know why they locked it maybe to force you to use the dealer...

the parts are pretty much worthless except for the body panels other wise worthless to other tahoes

aka no market

just like the prius there are pretty much the lest stolen car right after the Pontiac aztec #1 lest stolen

no one wants to steal a hybrid..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from what I can gather it looks like it needs programming before being installed, I would call your dealer and ask them what is the procedure?