2010 Denali-Intermittent voltage drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually going to ask about this myself. Ours does the same thing, and battery has had to be charged or jumped a few times after sitting with doors open, radio on, etc, but not for extend periods of time, and I thought this was the problem. Not so much when sitting overnight. Might be time for a battery. The sticker on the old one says it was new sometime in 2018...

RVC isn't the problem, a dying battery with a weak reserve is your problem. Two years is young, but it could just be a defective battery or it has been subjected to multiple dischargings. You may be able to revive it with a trickle charger/desulfator.

JEndsley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
RVC isn't the problem, a dying battery with a weak reserve is your problem. Two years is young, but it could just be a defective battery or it has been subjected to multiple dischargings. You may be able to revive it with a trickle charger/desulfator.[/QUOT
RVC isn't the problem, a dying battery with a weak reserve is your problem. Two years is young, but it could just be a defective battery or it has been subjected to multiple dischargings. You may be able to revive it with a trickle charger/desulfator.
This is the direction I was leaning after what I have been seeing the last week. But I sure didn't know about the strange voltage thing they are doing. I guess we learn something new every day.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a strange thing if you don't know about it. Nobody likes to see their voltage gauge read like a dead battery!

Also, batteries with problems tend to show those problems when the weather changes, usually from warm to cold. A battery might be fine all summer, but then act out with the first cold snap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy