2010 Chevy Tahoe 6.0 hybrid 2mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaydingo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy Tahoe hybrid what I’m looking to do is either pull out all the hybrid equipment and trying to see if I could convert it back to a regular one mode motor or do I have to swap out engines or transmissions, etc. if anyone has any idea on how to do this procedure or if it’s even possible let me know…..

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Call Greenbean battery Co who does a lot of battery swaps for our trucks. They’ll know if there’s a hard no on doing it.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say it's a no, the engine is fine with a camshaft change to normal, not the late intake valve closing grind currently in there but you'll need everything else. full set of front accessories, new tranny, with flywheel converter, starter and all. full engine harness with ecm, full tranny harness with tcm and probably some repin of the chassis harness. most of the breaking systems, as the hybrid has some crazy braking systems for the regen and the system runs the assist on electric, it's mounted under the driver's floor board. I think the brakes are one of the most compacted parts of these trucks.

"edit* I forgot these always have electric power steering, it runs off 42v from the inverter off hybrid battery. when you swapped the full front accessories, you have to get the hydraulic steering rack, lines to the pump as well.

ac compressor is electric too, so you'd need atleast the lines to go with the belt driven compressor and bracket.

if I were going to do it, I'd want to find a wrecked non hybrid one and park them side by side and start swapping.

I'm going to say it will he much much easier to repair the truck and buy a non hybrid if you're tired of it. what's wrong with yours?

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say it's a no, the engine is fine with a camshaft change to normal, not the late intake valve closing grind currently in there but you'll need everything else. full set of front accessories, new tranny, with flywheel converter, starter and all. full engine harness with ecm, full tranny harness with tcm and probably some repin of the chassis harness. most of the breaking systems, as the hybrid has some crazy braking systems for the regen and the system runs the assist on electric, it's mounted under the driver's floor board. I think the brakes are one of the most compacted parts of these trucks.

"edit* I forgot these always have electric power steering, it runs off 42v from the inverter off hybrid battery. when you swapped the full front accessories, you have to get the hydraulic steering rack, lines to the pump as well.

ac compressor is electric too, so you'd need atleast the lines to go with the belt driven compressor and bracket.

if I were going to do it, I'd want to find a wrecked non hybrid one and park them side by side and start swapping.

I'm going to say it will he much much easier to repair the truck and buy a non hybrid if you're tired of it. what's wrong with yours?
basically need a wreaked tahoe ...

it's easier to get a tahoe and swap the body parts over if that is what you like about the hybrid

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

the A/C system will need to be completely flushed as well...

I think the power steering is powered by 12v+ that is converted to 42v+Volts as i had issue with a poor connection to my 12v+ that cause the Power steering not to work randomly...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts