2010-2012 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Oh yea! White truck and 110* forecast on Friday. Now that’s a wise decision.

Around 100-110k we had our eng & trans case main seals go, Alt, radiator, a motor mount and rear auto/air ride shocks die. The shocks took the compressor with them from running too long @ 122k mi.

We just lost a TPMS sensor @ 123k mi right after 4 new tires were installed. Read up on where to buy them and plan on replacing all four next tire change. You’ll pay 50-70% less than replacing them one by one or all at once based on the shops part pricing.

When air/magneride shocks begin to leak you’ll hear the pump run 5-10 sec at cold start. Don’t wait for comp to burn out if u got leaky shocks. Disconnect it or replace them immediately. Arnott in FL makes replacements for $125 ea w/ a full, postage paid, both ways, lifetime warranty. Only buy directly from FL factory or because warranty is based on the reselling retailer. If they stop selling them, you lose lifetime warranty.

Typical stuff for an 08 truck purchased in Jan 14 with 96k miles for $19.5k. It’s about $5k worth of repair based on GM dealer labor and part rates. It’s paid us back in full plus $1k in the green including rental reimbursement. It’s nuts, the dealer offered a $3.7k service contract through a company called AUL here in Cali for 4 year/48k miles. We’re at mile 124,985 and covered til 147,600 or 4-13-19.

You are going to love your beast. Congratulations! Make sure you slather tons of wax on the roof. It’s susceptible to clear coat erosion and rust if left untreated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
itsbo1313

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea! White truck and 110* forecast on Friday. Now that’s a wise decision.

Around 100-110k we had our eng & trans case main seals go, Alt, radiator, a motor mount and rear auto/air ride shocks die. The shocks took the compressor with them from running too long @ 122k mi.

We just lost a TPMS sensor @ 123k mi right after 4 new tires were installed. Read up on where to buy them and plan on replacing all four next tire change. You’ll pay 50-70% less than replacing them one by one or all at once based on the shops part pricing.

When air/magneride shocks begin to leak you’ll hear the pump run 5-10 sec at cold start. Don’t wait for comp to burn out if u got leaky shocks. Disconnect it or replace them immediately. Arnott in FL makes replacements for $125 ea w/ a full, postage paid, both ways, lifetime warranty. Only buy directly from FL factory or because warranty is based on the reselling retailer. If they stop selling them, you lose lifetime warranty.

Typical stuff for an 08 truck purchased in Jan 14 with 96k miles for $19.5k. It’s about $5k worth of repair based on GM dealer labor and part rates. It’s paid us back in full plus $1k in the green including rental reimbursement. It’s nuts, the dealer offered a $3.7k service contract through a company called AUL here in Cali for 4 year/48k miles. We’re at mile 124,985 and covered til 147,600 or 4-13-19.

You are going to love your beast. Congratulations! Make sure you slather tons of wax on the roof. It’s susceptible to clear coat erosion and rust if left untreated.

Good info, thanks. We bought a service plan from a company called Gold Standard Automotive Network for $2600 for 3yr/50,000 miles including maintenance.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s *****’g awesome! If maint is covered that will include the 100k biggie service. If the alt or radiator dies, the dealer will offer a lifetime guarantee on both if they install. If rear airbags blow and comp blows too, only have comp replaced 1st. Have bags replaced later. The service contract guys like to play a game called:

“The compressor failed because you didn’t maintain your shocks. We’re only paying for your air shocks because the compressor failure is your fault”.

Ask me how I know. Lol. We fought it with help from the Dlr. Post up if you have any problems down the road. Never, ever, admit to your Service Contract Co you “must have forgotten to do that” Always tell them “I’m sure I did that if it’s required, let me check my excel spread sheet, I do a lot of the maintenance myself”.

We wanted a White Diamond Tricoat or Summit White, but they seem to be uncommon colors for a Deni XL. We settled on black since it had every 08 option including remote start but no retractable running boards. Lol. Enjoy your prize this Summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans