2009 Tahoe LT thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have since changed my mind and am wanting a Suburban. I have my eye on one. A tenant at my storage facility has a nice 2003. He wants to sell but the wife is iffy right now.
sub are a bit cheaper i would have gotten one but it's such a pain in the ass to deal with (parking wise).. in the metro and all those ULTRA sub compact parking spaces.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Here in Pewgene, Oregon the homeless have taken over downtown. I never ever go there. I have a couple places I frequent regularly and there is plenty of room to park. I am going to bide my time for the 03 Sub.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sub are a bit cheaper i would have gotten one but it's such a pain in the ass to deal with (parking wise).. in the metro and all those ULTRA sub compact parking spaces.

Ha! Mine whips around easily through parking lots. If some foolish store only has sub-compact spots up front, just take only two of them! hehehe

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Mine whips around easily through parking lots. If some foolish store only has sub-compact spots up front, just take only two of them! hehehe

I brought my oldest to school last Friday and was reminded of how tight the Tahoe's turn radius is. It's almost embarrassing cuz I felt like I was in a small sedan. If the long bodies have the same steering setup, I'd imagine the radius to be only marginally wider.

I bypass any parking spots up front, compact- or regular-sized, and park away from anyone else. Walking an extra 100' is much easier than having to look at dents and scratches on my doors.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an ‘09 LT. If you wants to use the Onstar app to remote start it then you’ll have to swap out the Onstar module with a 2010 or newer. For reference, I paid around $8000 for mine this past January and it had 92,000 miles. I’ll get through the winter and will need new rubber next Fall. It’s a nice truck. Look forward to adding heated seats and other slight mods. I bough the HP Tuners tool too so that added another $300 or so to disable the AFM and maybe tune it down the road. Keep looking. There are good deals out there.
960cbb0cce905d5c39e1521bcb44c265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I brought my oldest to school last Friday and was reminded of how tight the Tahoe's turn radius is. It's almost embarrassing cuz I felt like I was in a small sedan. If the long bodies have the same steering setup, I'd imagine the radius to be only marginally wider.

I bypass any parking spots up front, compact- or regular-sized, and park away from anyone else. Walking an extra 100' is much easier than having to look at dents and scratches on my doors.

I find it amazing the difference in turning radius that I have with my Yukon XL vs the Silverados that I have had. The Yukon XL has a wheelbase of 130” and a turning radius of 21.5’ while my 2007 Silverado Crew with a short box had a wheelbase of 143.5” and a turning radius of 23.6’. You definitely notice that extra 2’ of radius.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it amazing the difference in turning radius that I have with my Yukon XL vs the Silverados that I have had. The Yukon XL has a wheelbase of 130” and a turning radius of 21.5’ while my 2007 Silverado Crew with a short box had a wheelbase of 143.5” and a turning radius of 23.6’. You definitely notice that extra 2’ of radius.
Yeah why is that? I thought those two series vehicles had the same guts. My wife has a ‘09 Silverado and turning it is like turning a freighter.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah why is that? I thought those two series vehicles had the same guts. My wife has a ‘09 Silverado and turning it is like turning a freighter.

The 13.5" extra inches of wheel base is what's driving the larger turning radius. If you go down to a Tahoe/Yukon your looking at a wheelbase of 116" and a turning radius of 19.5'.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 13.5" extra inches of wheel base is what's driving the larger turning radius. If you go down to a Tahoe/Yukon your looking at a wheelbase of 116" and a turning radius of 19.5'.
you can make the turning radius narrower by using a simple RWD trick..
you can pretty much make the turning Radius 0 feet

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
you can make the turning radius narrower by using a simple RWD trick..
you can pretty much make the turning Radius 0 feet

Yea, that shouldn't be no big deal to any mother pushing her kid around in a stroller in the neighborhood. :cool: