2009 GMC Yukon need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By your description of events and symptoms, you are going to have to take it to a professional for diagnosis. If you don't know of an independent shop that is highly regarded in your area, a dealer is likely your best option. You might want to start planning around a diagnosis that entails a reman transmission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. It’s not the news we like to hear but a visit to a reputable shop seems in order unless you have a bidirectional scanner like a Tech 2. @swathdiver is a whiz with those.

OP
OP
Z

Zao Nazario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What can you say, since the problem is random the report from the GMC dealership: “Cannot Duplicate problem”

So nothing has been done yet.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is good news, at least you know the dealer is honest.

I think if I were you, I would try really hard to find a highly regarded transmission shop, someone who pretty much does nothing else. They might be able to make more of your symptoms by description.

OP
OP
Z

Zao Nazario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I will shop around shops like Aamco or any transmission shop.

OP
OP
Z

Zao Nazario

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I will shop around shops like Aamco or any transmission shop.
I went with GMC dealer and quoted me a SERTA transmission for $3008 plus tax with a 100k warranty.
Anyone familiar with SERTA tranny?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with GMC dealer and quoted me a SERTA transmission for $3008 plus tax with a 100k warranty.
Anyone familiar with SERTA tranny?

Service Replacement Transmission, I think.

While higher than I paid for a reman transmission installed at an independent shop about 4 years ago ($2400), mine is a 4 speed (cheaper) and your warranty is longer and you have the dealer backing it up. Actually, I think that is a pretty good deal.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that price isn’t bad. If there’s another dealer in your area I’d call and ask for a quote from them too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442