2009 Chevy Tahoe SSV motor & trans upgrades. ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
Hello all, I am noticing some issues starting to develop with my 09 Tahoe SSV's Motor & Trans. It has 155,000 miles on it, so I know there's going to be some things that need to be addressed before too long. I feel as though it lacks power in low end. I also noticed that lately its been shifting up through the gears really quickly ( 6th gear doing 30). Upshifting like this is obviously making it really sluggish. I replaced the accellarator position sensor connected to pedal. That didn't help. Any ideas? I guess I'm looking for a place to start. I would like to get some performance upgrades if I have to replace stuff. Any help would be great. Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am noticing some issues starting to develop with my 09 Tahoe SSV's Motor & Trans. It has 155,000 miles on it, so I know there's going to be some things that need to be addressed before too long. I feel as though it lacks power in low end. I also noticed that lately its been shifting up through the gears really quickly ( 6th gear doing 30). Upshifting like this is obviously making it really sluggish. I replaced the accellarator position sensor connected to pedal. That didn't help. Any ideas? I guess I'm looking for a place to start. I would like to get some performance upgrades if I have to replace stuff. Any help would be great. Thanks
With 3.08 gears they do get into 6th at around 30 or so. 3.42 or 3.73 gears will give it a bunch of giddy up and not spin the motor too much on the highway.

You might start out by monitoring your engine parameters with an OBDII adapter and the Torque Pro or similar app on a smart phone. Diagnosing and working on these things with a scan tool is a must.

Under the hood, you can look around for any loose connections, I found my throttle body bolts and nuts a little loose today, tightening them up made a difference in how the car drives. The fluid in the transmission ought to be changed no more than every 42K miles or so.

OP
OP
Tahoe_SSV

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you for advice. I'll check out that app. I do have a diablosport P3 tuner. I believe that has monitoring capabilities. I'll have to look into it. I know there is something wrong with it. It just feels weak and sluggish being in high gear all time. I feel like I am driving a manual tranny constantly in 4 or 5th gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos