2008 Yukon xl ecm issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucasyukonxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have had some wire issues fixed and still have codes that mechanic says he is 98% sure is my ecm . Car runs fine but once in a while has some issues with oil pressure gauge, a/c, and engine fans run a lot , I purchased a used ecm that is from same exact vehicle, is this a good idea to try and if so what steps should I take

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
i have had some wire issues fixed and still have codes that mechanic says he is 98% sure is my ecm . Car runs fine but once in a while has some issues with oil pressure gauge, a/c, and engine fans run a lot , I purchased a used ecm that is from same exact vehicle, is this a good idea to try and if so what steps should I take

The "new" ECM will need to be programmed to the VIN of your vehicle or it won't be able to communicate with the rest of the modules in the truck like the BCM and TCM.

OP
OP
L

Lucasyukonxl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy Luke, what are the remaining codes? What kind of wire issues?
U0100 codes saying it has no communication to the pcm.
The wiring issue was wires in the harness going to my fuel control module there was some broken wires that got fixed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2