2008 Yukon Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtown27

Reaction score
I believe that's the part number. I didnt order the harness though. Im going to wait to see if the plugs match before ordering anything else.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was checking with a volt meter wow the dip is huge when the engine resumes auto stop resume The voltage goes from 14.6 to 13.4

for a fraction of a second this dip could cause "computers" to shut down unexpectedly. from the power surge when it goes back to 14.6... and cause a stall out

I can see why this happens (i.e stalling or lagging )

120amps 1.6kw for the transmission pump is a huge load ( lets just say it's close to the rating of the two fueses for example)

120amps for a little fluid pump sounds crazy high with those little wires. has anyone put an amp clamp on one? that's wild.

wires that size on a gm, I'm used to seeing maybe 40amp load run thru.

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
120amps for a little fluid pump sounds crazy high with those little wires. has anyone put an amp clamp on one? that's wild.

wires that size on a gm, I'm used to seeing maybe 40amp load run thru.
my bad it has a 60amp fuse i 'm still thinking about getting a capacitor and a solar panel to keep it topped off... i see an issue with the battery posts going to get some
Battery Post Shims i noticed the battery quick release connectors damaged the Battery posts(crushed the lead)

s-l1600erwer.jpg

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my bad it has a 60amp fuse i 'm still thinking about getting a capacitor and a solar panel to keep it topped off... i see an issue with the battery posts going to get some
Battery Post Shims i noticed the battery quick release connectors damaged the Battery posts(crushed the lead)

View attachment 365707

have you considered replacing the hybrid battery? I feel like that would solve or at least eliminate that as your underlying issue.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you considered replacing the hybrid battery? I feel like that would solve or at least eliminate that as your underlying issue.
Yes I am considering one of these it's 3,000$ while a new battery from GM is $6,000 including core..
it has 260amps output power compared to the normal pack of 100amps

i'll have to save up some $$$$ first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts