2008 Yukon Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheLoveClaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So we had this issue again over the weekend. We were driving for about 20 minutes and all the sudden the radio started rebooting, the AC was turning off and on and the Airbag lights were coming off and on. We turned the AC off and the truck did fine. I got home and started thinking... When her truck died a couple weekends ago I attached the negative from my battery to a body ground on her car and the truck woke up immediately. Since the issue seemed to be related to a body ground I bought a 4 AWG 60 inch ground cable from the auto parts store. Ran a dedicated ground from the battery to the body (took about 10 minutes hobbling around on crutches and 1 foot). So far we haven't seen the problem again, but I don't think it's that bad for us yet since it doesn't seem to happen as frequently as it does for most. Just sharing my steps to try and resolve the problem.

TaboltB2015

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Chevy Tahoe z71 and I’ve been fighting this exact problem since May, Tahoe acts likes it dead but all the light and what not work, I’ve replaced battery cables, I’ve check and cleaned the fuse box and pulled it apart still nothing, I’ve switched battery’s and same deal, I’ve replaced the BCM and have the same problem, read that the fuel pumps module gets water in it and it was fine, I just picked it up from the shop that it was at for 2 and half weeks and on the way home there was a clicking noise sounds like a relay opening and closing and the trac light came on and transmission started to shift hard, like I said I’ve been having this problem since May, I’m about done with this Tahoe, I bought it used in August of 2017 and it was fine till May 2018..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent