2008 Yukon Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bboyce10

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
KIZMO: If your dashboard gauge reads 14, you are probably OK. There may be better ways, but I always test by starting the engine, and then pulling off the positive battery cable. The engine should remain running. Then insert your multi-meter (set for DC volts) between that positive cable (you just removed from the battery) and ground.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

OKFOZ: Once you look at it you will see its easy to change the cable. There may be some video's out there but I have not looked for them. The most complicated part will be crimping a terminal/connector on the ends. You may be able to find prefab cable to fit, but I went with the heaviest cable I could find and therefore had to put my own connectors on. You will need a crimping tool (sometimes AutoZone or other auto parts stores will let you borrow for one-time use). Good luck!

the z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yukon electrical issues

i have been having the same problems as a lot of y'all have been describing, radio cutting off and on, locks going crazy, alternator voltage gauge going crazy and then engine not starting after being shut off and i finally was able to solve my problem. Every time this issue came up its was after a rain or during a rain and one day my wife came home and said she heard water in the passenger door and was having issues at the same time. apparently the water wasn't draining and was causing issues with the electrical in the door, no issues ever happened when it was a sunny day. This may or may not help y'all out but its worth a try to check it out.

nmshep33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, you guys were right. After all the money and time spent last fall, the problems started happening again. I printed out all your comments and gave to my husband. The battery cable was the issue (it even looked damaged which I can't believe no one else saw this). He went and got the biggest one he could and replaced it in no time. Not one problem since.

GBRacing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update - Replaced the negative battery cable and the problem has gone away. Let's hope it stays that way for a while.

revs2ninegrand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having some electrical issues with my '07. Started with the radio cutting in and out... Purchased new amp hoping to fix the issue, now only one speaker works, and I've lost the chime from the turn signals, and it still cuts out. Then, it sometimes won't start right away, I'll have to crank it twice, wipers have to be used manually. It does have a new battery and is at the dealership now. Last week I was trying to roll up all 4 windows at once and the it seemed like the power went out for a split second and the AC controls reset to 74 and the gauges temporarily went nuts for a second. I've only had this vehicle for about 2 months and I'm very disappointed in it. Thank GOD I purchased the aftermarket warranty, although I had a problem the first week I had it and was told it must have been a pre-exsisting condition.

I really want to like this vehicle but so far no luck.

almenyawe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help please :(

I have 2007 yukon denali radio 15923583 ,radio has no power after battery disconnect for 20 days . All fuses are good the clock doesn't work either the screen is blank .

What could went wrong :(

YukonAZ

Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased a used 2011 Yukon in October and I just started expreriencing these electrical problems, my wife has told me the stereo/Nav turns off and resets sometimes but I had never personally experienced it until yesterday. I went out to get the truck started and heat turned on and When I turned the key on I had nothing, so I popped the hood and looked at battery and terminals, both were clean and tight so I hit unlock on the key fob and it started like normal! So then on the way home my wife was driving and has the cruise control set and when she turned on the high beams it kicked the cruise control off and reset the stereo, she did this 3-4 times with the same outcome every time. I'm calling the GMC dealer we bought from today, any other suggestions?

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased a used 2011 Yukon in October and I just started expreriencing these electrical problems, my wife has told me the stereo/Nav turns off and resets sometimes but I had never personally experienced it until yesterday. I went out to get the truck started and heat turned on and When I turned the key on I had nothing, so I popped the hood and looked at battery and terminals, both were clean and tight so I hit unlock on the key fob and it started like normal! So then on the way home my wife was driving and has the cruise control set and when she turned on the high beams it kicked the cruise control off and reset the stereo, she did this 3-4 times with the same outcome every time. I'm calling the GMC dealer we bought from today, any other suggestions?

Have the dealership or your shop of choice check the fuse distribution block on the firewall. I was having the same issues with my 2008 Yukon and found out that the fuse was grounding out instead of "popping" like it should. My dealership pulled it apart, cleaned all of the contacts to make there there was no chance of corrosion on the posts and then replaced the fuse. I have not had an issue since, and that was over a year ago. Thankfully my service tech had the same issue with her Silverado and recognized the symptoms and solution. Cost me about $20... I hope that works for you.

Joe

Ethna

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon(Denali) and it keeps losing power. The dealership has no clue and I am losing patient and money. Does anyone have a clue as to why this could be happening? I read most of the post here but I hear talk about a BCM but I was told it was fine. Please help!

twashi43

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon(Denali) and it keeps losing power. The dealership has no clue and I am losing patient and money. Does anyone have a clue as to why this could be happening? I read most of the post here but I hear talk about a BCM but I was told it was fine. Please help!
When you say its losing power what exactly is losing power?(Engine,gauges, ect.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17