2008 Yukon Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpwood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 yukon with 86000 miles on it. I baught this with 60000 miles right at one year ago. It has been in two different GM shops with the same issue four times now. I can shut the car off and get out, then I realize there is no power what so ever. Nothing will work, no lights or anything. i can pop the hood and move the bottom power wire that goes from the positive battery post to the under side of the 175 amp fuse and all power comes back. One Dealer said it was the battery so I had them put a new one in. Then it happened again and another dealer said that bottome wire was loose and on backwards on the fuse. Then again, I just moved the wire and kept driving, then it happened again. I took it to the dealer again. They said the positive wire to the fuse was "bad", and the 175 amp fuse was "bad". They replaced both of them, and I drove home. Then it done the same thing. They don't know what it could be, has anyone heard of this? Also when it does this, every single time the radio goes off and comes back on a few times after it happens, and the AC/Heat goes crazy. Sometimes it will blow cold on one side and hot on the other, or change the temp from 60 to 74 on both sides, and change from the Panel only to the panel/feet. This makes no sense. I am so frustrated with this car and feel that there is no where to turn.

HUNT4WHEELS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds as if the computer needs to be flashed or you have a bad ground somewhere.

OP
OP
J

jpwood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer updated something for the AC but that did not change anything.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jpwood21,

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing multiple issues with your vehicle. I would like to look into this further for you. Could you please send me your full contact information including your VIN and mileage?

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look into a loose wire on the starter solenoid and also possibly could be a bad BCM(body control module).

sonlight

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having similar issues with my 08 tahoe Z71. its happened at least 8 times were i will be driving and i will lose all power to my gauge cluster, my door locks start to lock and unlock on their own, the nav radio goes black and then tries to restart. When i pull over and turn the truck of, it goes completely dead. Then out of no where, power resumes like nothing ever happened. That takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 16 hours. Its been to the dealership 3 times and they keep telling me that if the truck doesnt fault in their possession, there is nothing they can do. I am extremely frustrated because not only is my family truck unreliable, but I have to hear it from my wife who is the everyday driver of it ;) Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You guys may need your BCM re flashed, or replaced if that does not work.

mike1944

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Audi that did this trick. I would be driving along and it would just stop. All systems off. Dealer was clueless, finally I had to leave it and they left it running in their lot. They finally gave up and replaced the computer and that fixed it.

I also had a Vette that when I first bought it, it was very iffy electrically. Lights would dim, radio start doing weird things. Somebody told me to clean and really tighten down my battery cables.... worked. They were tight...just not tight enough.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sonilght,

I am sorry to hear that your dealership is unable to recreate the issue. Have you asked your dealership if they would take your vehicle overnight and run some tests on it to see if they can recreate the issue?

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

sonlight

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Elizabeth,

They actually had it for 2 night the second time, which in turn i replaced the battery because they said that COULD BE the problem, then the third time they kept it for 3 nights and replaced the 2 connectors for the rear tail lights because they said they were corroded adn the ECU runs through them...When the problem happens and the truck power returns, when the dealership connects to read the computer, it comes up as "communication failure." I just dont know what to do at this point..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe