2008 Yukon denali back up camera issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Did you have the mirror or head unit display for your original backup camera? I have the mirror one. I'm thinking about getting one of those Dynavin N7 Pro head units. I should be able to see the backup camera on both the mirror and lcd screen. I know the oem backup camera is crap quality. You are the only person I have heard that has upgraded the camera in the original housing. How much better is the quality? Would this one work? https://www.crutchfield.com/S-MDYxhIGtMZD/p_110BCAM200/Jensen-BUCAM200J.html
I would say much better. The oem bu camera color seemed ok with the oem radio but the color was off when paired with the Jensen 9inch radio. The Jensen bu cam has more natural color display. The resolution works well for 9inch display. The BUCAM200J seems to be a newer version than the BUCAM100J that I used.

Rockstr66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I reckon it gave up the ghost after fourteen years. The whole applique has to be replaced with the camera, about $500 on ebay, maybe less elsewhere, haven't looked in a while. An aftermarket camera won't fit exactly in the old applique as the plastic tabs on the camera were heated up and squished to secure it. Should still work, just have to get used to new altered view if going this route.
My 2011 Tahoe LTZ same thing happened around the same mileage. Camera works perfectly through manual setting on the radio but does not work normally in reverse. Backup lights work, checked all connections, fuses, even tried a new radio. Worked for two years, then Camera flickered several times and has not worked in reverse since!