2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Just had the rack on my 08 replaced under warranty after the service contract had replaced it due to leaks. The rack actually cracked because it was made out of cheap ass pot metal. This was supposed to be a AC delco rebuild too. What gives?

c33fbcef73afa6da952a5d9b09f6ce3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had the rack on my 08 replaced under warranty after the service contract had replaced it due to leaks. The rack actually cracked because it was made out of cheap ass pot metal. This was supposed to be a AC delco rebuild too. What gives?
c33fbcef73afa6da952a5d9b09f6ce3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just add jb weld

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some more time. Cross member out. Oil draining.

If those transmission oil cooler lines are weaping or leaking, now is the easiest time to replace them!

When you're done, come on over and to our house and do this to mine, I'll watch from the window, you know, social distancing and all! LOL

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If those transmission oil cooler lines are weaping or leaking, now is the easiest time to replace them!

When you're done, come on over and to our house and do this to mine, I'll watch from the window, you know, social distancing and all! LOL

Did the trans lines almost a year ago.

I'll be over March 34th, sound good?

Is your pan also leaking?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the trans lines almost a year ago.

I'll be over March 34th, sound good?

Is your pan also leaking?

LOL! No, the pan is dry. Just nearing time for the lines to be replaced. Plan is to also replace the motor mounts then too and taking down the diff and center support will give me lots of room!

Would like to replace some noisy bearings inside front axle, and will someday regear to 3.73s if we do 34" tall tire.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Couldn't tell is you already installed poly on you're sway bar bushings. Lube those puppies up with poly grease realllly good or they'll squeak when it's cold. You're getting close to a drive train that doesn't leak a drop soon.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't tell is you already installed poly on you're sway bar bushings. Lube those puppies up with poly grease realllly good or they'll squeak when it's cold. You're getting close to a drive train that doesn't leak a drop soon.

No poly, mayhaps I'll order a set.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the pan down. Crap all over my face too. Colorful language was used.

Gasket was completely failed. What a mess. How, I have no damn idea.

Remember 170k miles.

Not bad. Crap on the bottom was from when I dropped it.
LoCmjO4.jpg

Some sludge in the back there. I'll take the windage try off later. Its goop, not hard.
Wvbhte1.jpg

Oil pickup screen ok. No crap.
RArCQjF.jpg

New oil pickup gasket.
1e0SNSZ.jpg

I mean, 170k miles, looks ok.
FeMbYeZ.jpg

Looks like rear main seal is ok.
ct93gKX.jpg

s7SLHVk.jpg

New gasket with black rtv for the corners.
o74OV0M.jpg

Yeah overkill but cheap. New one of these guys and gasket. I'm not playing games!!
KlkFJLQ.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts