2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this.

DJsgAJV.jpg

Has this.

vnr4Ibo.jpg

Goes like this.

8iu17Rd.jpg

Ends like this.

FwtenzU.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I got this.

DJsgAJV.jpg

Has this.

vnr4Ibo.jpg

Goes like this.

8iu17Rd.jpg

Ends like this.

FwtenzU.jpg

I am sure you probably already know this but when you reinstall that pulley, make sure you get it lined up perfectly with the other pulleys or you will end up with a belt that squeals and it's hard to diagnose... it only takes being off by a hair and it will drive you nuts.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'm jumping around a bit but I FINALLY, after a year, found how I want to wire in my wideband. The last piece is a MBEC (box by driver's feet) connector that more easily makes accessible, ground, ignition signal, and 30 amps of power.

I'll finish power steering this weekend but am excited to finally get fueling properly dialed in.

I'll make a how to.

5LpanUR.jpg

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need two other lines to the steering rack. Crap.

Also, do I just take care of the oil pan seal now? Drop diff, blah blah blah. Then pickup tube seal? Then camshaft. Then then then....

zQ2p0b3.png

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like a perfect place for them to fight....why should they do it somewhere ya know....convenient?!

i feel ya on the pan leak...and then this and that etc etc

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. The steering rack is f*cked. One of the old lines snapped off inside. I can either spend time trying to drill it out chancing getting crap in the lines and killing the new pump.

Or I can replace the 170k mile rack.

$$, ouch, but I'll replace.

I'm soooo blessed to have another car to drive around. This will take a while.

EDIT: Ok if the rack is coming our then I'll drop the diff and see what I can do about the oil pan gasket. This small project just got big.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, new one just arrived. I've used a number of 1aauto vids to learn stuff so I tried them for parts this time. Fast shipping. Looks nice. General part. Lifetime warranty. We will see.

axs1rhY.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons