2008 Yukon body to axle rubber line fitting size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastGas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, new member. I'm losing my mind installing a SS brake line kit on my 2008 Yukon. I'm using Stop Tech kit 950.66502 however none of the fittings have the same size/pitch as the OEM hoses. I've heard the 2007 and 2008 used some kind of unique, proprietary fitting size for the rear lines. Has anyone experienced and solved this issue? The rear hard lines between the body and frame seem impossible to remove/replace without removing the body!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Florida!

No, have not heard that the fittings are different. In fact, I just went on ACDelco's website and the part number is the same for at least the 2007-2009 models.

Stop Tech probably sent the wrong parts or they are not made right.

25906095/176-1525

Is this a RWD with a 6.2 by chance?

OP
OP
F

FastGas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Florida!

No, have not heard that the fittings are different. In fact, I just went on ACDelco's website and the part number is the same for at least the 2007-2009 models.

Stop Tech probably sent the wrong parts or they are not made right.

25906095/176-1525

Is this a RWD with a 6.2 by chance?

Thanks for the reply. 6.2 awd with stabilitrak. I can get the hard line fitting to start but it binds/stops after 1/4 of a turn. The union appears to be straight but I have a feeling that the hard line will strip if I force it.

I ran into a similar issue with the axle to caliper lines but I simply swapped them with lines from a 2019 escalade after forcing and stripping one side. Those lines were a direct fit and threaded in perfectly to the stoptech lines.

I'd love to find an adapter rather than messing with that hard line and the ABS pump. The truck only has 47k miles and is rust free.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. 6.2 awd with stabilitrak. I can get the hard line fitting to start but it binds/stops after 1/4 of a turn. The union appears to be straight but I have a feeling that the hard line will strip if I force it.

I ran into a similar issue with the axle to caliper lines but I simply swapped them with lines from a 2019 escalade after forcing and stripping one side. Those lines were a direct fit and threaded in perfectly to the stoptech lines.

I'd love to find an adapter rather than messing with that hard line and the ABS pump. The truck only has 47k miles and is rust free.
Why not replace them with factory lines? They lasted this long, they ought to go the distance again.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gm does all kinda of weird stuff with fitting. probably metric vs sae used randomly. I nicked a hard line on the C6 once. found a local guy parting out a grand sport and he said come get whatever you need. tossed him 20$ for the line, took it off myself. got home removed mine, got the new one all fished in. was a bit of a nightmare, went to screw it in and completely different fitting size on the line.

no clue why, should have all been the same. but was able to cut, swap fitting and flare the line and all was good.

like sad above, unless you're racing. and even then if it's just fun run track days. I've run with ss and without them. car and bike. I never noticed a difference. as long as the rubber ones are new. they are fine for all but some crazy off road use.

but please let us know how the stop tech kit does... I'm a bit torn between their tow kit and just an updated Raybestos kit. I liked them on my other truck and cheaper than stoptech.

I wasn't huge on stop tech, but a buddy had some on his c5(I believe same compound z32) and I got to take a few laps. was surprised at how well they did for the price. I think my baer rotors handled the heat better but at 3 times the price, they better lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844