2008 Tahoe Remote Keyless Entry Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m somewhat surprised no other body control errors if it’s not communicating. I’d guess the original module is the factory one. Can you test it with your new scanner?

OP
OP
L

leftwing27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m somewhat surprised no other body control errors if it’s not communicating. I’d guess the original module is the factory one. Can you test it with your new scanner?
Yes, but once I'm in the truck with the key on, everything works as it should so testing doesn't yield any new info. It's almost as if the truck is acting like an interior light was left on too long and it kills power to the modules in order to save battery life, but nothing is drawing from the battery while at rest. I'm pretty sure these trucks have that feature, just not sure which module controls it. Would it be the body control module?

OP
OP
L

leftwing27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Updating this thread with the solution in case anyone comes across the same type of issue. It wound up being the Body Control Module. I picked one up from Amazon, purchased the subscription to ACDelco to download the firmware, and used the VXDIAG VCX NANO GDS2 scanner with the Tech2Win software it came with to program the new module. Everything returned to normal after that. Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Dirtrunner702

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey @leftwing27

If youre still around and can recall your issue before replacing the BCM, was the RCDLR pulling a lot of milliamps or just acting strange?
when I pull the RCDLR out of the circuit I see milliamps drop to 40-50mA but when plugged in it pulls 70-112mA sporadically over and over during a parasitic draw test.

In my case its draining the battery. Negative battery cable assembly has been replaced, SDM-c under driver seat replaced and I have ruled out all other modules.
I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. No other issues other than 12v battery draining. I will be replacing the positive battery cable this weekend too as the positive terminal gets very hot after running the truck for about 20 minutes.

Long shot on here but worth a shot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne