2008 Tahoe..Parking lights issue..BCM issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cmyhre85355

Reaction score
I see from your first post that you have a 2008 Tahoe LS. In order to select the correct vehicle in the Tech 2 you need to know if it's 2wd or 4wd, along with some of the options (probably like the radio and heater controls, at least it's that way for my '04).

What are your vehicle details and what specifically are you selecting in the Tech 2 menus?

Is the issue long-term or has it just started? Any recent work on the vehicle?

It’s been a long term issue. 2008 LS RWD with the 4.8. I select manual hvac for options. I tested it out last night and when I command the fog lights they do in fact turn on. No dash light illumination. Rear lights turn on. Unable to command the front turn signals on with the scan tool but turning them on with the switch works. Only work that has been done is fog lights added at the dealership about a year and a half ago and oil pan gasket replaced. Nothing else beyond basic things except oil changes and new tires

ETA: I’ve been selecting Chevy Truck,Tahoe and then K for the vehicle code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s been a long term issue. 2008 LS RWD with the 4.8. I select manual hvac for options. I tested it out last night and when I command the fog lights they do in fact turn on. No dash light illumination. Rear lights turn on. Unable to command the front turn signals on with the scan tool but turning them on with the switch works. Only work that has been done is fog lights added at the dealership about a year and a half ago and oil pan gasket replaced. Nothing else beyond basic things except oil changes and new tires

ETA: I’ve been selecting Chevy Truck,Tahoe and then K for the vehicle code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

K is 4wd; I think 2wd is the 5th character in your VIN (C?)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked you are correct. Mine is VIN C

That shouldn't make a difference. Have you run a scan through all modules looking for trouble codes? Since you mention that the dealer installed the fogs, have you checked around where they worked to see if anything got loose or pinched or chafed?

I seen it a million times and can't remember, right after you build the truck in the Tech-2, the first menu that comes up and the last option on the screen, queries all the modules for trouble codes. When it is done, it shows you the codes and you can write down where they are and clear them out in that module or try to clear them right there. Read carefully to see if they are active or historical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts