1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Tahoe LTZ..New to the forum

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by BretM, Apr 6, 2020.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. BretM

BretM TYF Newbie

Name:
    Bret
    Hey everyone in Tahoe land! I figured this would be the place to get in the weeds as far as repairs and troubleshooting that YouTube can't supply.
    I'm an union electrician from Portland,OR. I've been sitting home because of the Covid-19 gig going on now!! Strange days!!
    I have a 08 Tahoe LTZ and I removed the stock rear airride shocks with Bilstein 5100" with the Bilstein coil springs and also replaced the front with 5100's. I installed the 50 watt 6 ohm resistor to each rear harness and it worked at first and now I still get the "service suspension system" warning. I did pull the 40 amp fuse for the rear compressor which was blown. Does this fuse also feed the rear shocks?

Thanks in advance,

BretM

2. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Got a couple folks from Oregon on here.

Did you put resistors on the front as well?

PNW VietVet likes this.
  3. iamdub

iamdub Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    I thought the correct ohm value was 3.9? I've been running 3.9 25W resistors on mine for a few months now with no problems.

Might wanna double check that the harness connections on top of the frame rails right next to the upper rear shock mount bolts are fully and securely connected.

4. Big Mama

Big Mama Full Access Member

Name:
    Steven
    Welcome from Virginia

PNW VietVet likes this.
  5. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    Welcome to the forum from Oregon

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

6. kbuskill

kbuskill ***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!

Name:
    Ken
    This is correct... 3.9 ohm 25W or 50W

Wattage rating makes no difference... the 50W resistors might, potentially, run a little cooler than the 25W.

iamdub, Big Mama and PNW VietVet like this.
  7. iamdub

iamdub Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    Affirmative. And is why I located mine in open air to ensure the cooling fins can work.

I'd prefer the 50W version. It was a long time ago, but I'm sure the reason I didn't get them was because either I couldn't find them for a good enough price and/or everyone seems to be doing just fine with the 25W ones.

Big Mama and kbuskill like this.
  8. BretM

BretM TYF Newbie

Name:
    Bret
    Hey thanks for the info. I'll source some 3.9 ohm 50w resistors! See what happens.

iamdub likes this.