2008 Tahoe LT Daylight savings time issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
Hello,
Everytime I set the the time on my Tahoe to reflect the daylight savings time it goes back 1 hour so it just resets itself. So in effect I will have the correct time every 6 months out of the year. I have the latest Navigation firmware/DVD installed. Any idea how to fix this?

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
lol... It's an internal Electronic firmware issue. It only happens when its daylight savings time change here in USA. Not sure if you live in USA but here its normal for 6 months then once its DLST and when I change it manually.... I would shut off the engine.. Turn it back on and it will reset itself. I even set the clock ahead 2 hours and it will just go back the 2 hours I set it too.

Reaction score
@Ed Alexander

Can you set the date on yours? Should be on the same screen as the clock settings. Maybe that will help with keeping time during DST.

My radio has a date setting, but it's a 2012 with an internal hard drive and doesn't use a nav disc. Yours may not have a date setting.

Also, there is a hidden menu on the pre-2012's where you tap the screen in a specific place so many times and it asks for a code that unlocks a hidden menu

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could it be overriding your clock setting with the (incorrect) time received from a radio station? Lots of clocks do that if automatic time setting is selected. Just a SWAG.

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
thanks! I actually came across this right before you posted it. I will try it out! Hoping it works and I will let you all know!

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
@gooffeyguy I tried the video and got to that menu on my Nav. I thought it worked when I started and stopped my ignition by taking the key out after it was off... Looks like when I went back into the vehicle 30 minutes later it defaulted back to the DST. I will look up if I can try to reprogram the Nav DVD upgrade. Maybe there is a repair option.

Srxgreg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
Everytime I set the the time on my Tahoe to reflect the daylight savings time it goes back 1 hour so it just resets itself. So in effect I will have the correct time every 6 months out of the year. I have the latest Navigation firmware/DVD installed. Any idea how to fix this?
Take the disc out and put it back in it will automatically fix itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts