2008 Tahoe hybrid worth replacing transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dontgetahybrid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a 200& Tahoe hybrid 220,000 miles and long story short it’s have put a new 6.0 motor new hybrid battery new ecm now it’s saying the transmission fluid is surging it’s at dealer I got all that money into the dealer says a new trans is expensive and is it worth replacing or am I gonna end up living in it due to all money going into it ??

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah not many dealers are going to have expertise on this obsolete hybrid tech that GM utilized. That is why the value of the GM Hybrid trucks is so low. Great deal for someone that has car repair knowledge / big graage with a lift / GM tech tools ike a Tech2 / BIG car repair budget and of course does not need the vehicle running more than 9 months out of the year. I will give you 100 bucks for the vehicle so that I can utilize the new 6.0 FLA and other new parts on my 09 with 253k on it.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 200& Tahoe hybrid 220,000 miles and long story short it’s have put a new 6.0 motor new hybrid battery new ecm now it’s saying the transmission fluid is surging it’s at dealer I got all that money into the dealer says a new trans is expensive and is it worth replacing or am I gonna end up living in it due to all money going into it ??
disable the StabiliTrak,traction control see if it fixes it...

hold the button tell both are disabled