2008 Tahoe Hybrid 12v Battery Constantly Dying

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dirtrunner702,
I admire your tenacity on this problem, just bought a 2009 with very similar issues, after key on, Autostop for a 1/2 hr or so, I get Service Charging System and Power Steering messages, PS stops working. Charge up battery, and wait a bit truck starts and all is good.

I appreciate your hard work, pics, and your follow-up reports very much. I'll be following in your footsteps. Thank you.

May start a new thread if I find new info.
i suggest adding shims to the battery get some good ones that actually fit very thin ones will do (shave them down with a battery cleaner thing) i'm going to take my shims off and wrap it with bare copper wire for better contact instead...

also the little wire should be doubled up to the aux box i'm thinking the wire is too small imo for the amount of current that needs to go to that box maybe even a custom made wire

as the AUX box deals with the transmission pump and power steering... (the fuse is just pass through is does not power the AUX fuse box directly)

Last edited: