2008 Tahoe/Front passenger tire sticks out more than drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cgiese80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello guys, 08 chevy Tahoe 4x4 with no history of accidents. I’ve owned this tahoe for over a month barely. I got new wheels and tires and when I got home I noticed that the front passenger side tire sticks out more than the other one, very noticeable. I thought it was an alignment issue, had it aligned and nothing changed. I swapped the front tires in case the offset of one was different and nothing happened. Any idea what could I be dealing with? I’ll post some pics so you guys can see it. Thanks in advance!

3A88FF00-F87F-48ED-9FB4-AC0CC0820F31.jpeg D06F5DD6-D52E-4949-AB05-037002F754DB.jpeg 6840B782-A7AA-431C-BFDB-3491449B55A6.jpeg FD3C0F41-6A4C-4C3C-9DD3-D57CF3EDA5CF.jpeg 3E9C8FC1-B1D7-40B6-B97E-64411D251D70.jpeg

Mdubbed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's bizaare!:hmm:
Only speculating but, perhaps a hub was replaced with one of a different/wrong offset?
(maybe different hub offsets for different size wheels ie: 20" vs 17"?)
Pretty sure only one control arm length is available.
Perhaps you could tie a string from front upper control arm pivot to rear lower control arm pivot or vice versa
and measure from back of hub to string on both sides to see the difference?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Just because there’s no history of accidents doesn’t mean anything. Unless you personally had control of the vehicle its entire life and have direct knowledge. Carfax on mine shows one collision with a mailbox in the rear, but there’s bondo on the RF.

My Jeep has an aftermarket front fender on it that I installed myself after the previous owner wrinkled it. There’s no record of that, either.

My guess is a good mechanic or body man can look it over and show you where the accident repair was done. It’s almost impossible to hide from experienced eyes.

OP
OP
Cgiese80

Cgiese80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to NNBS ownership. This is absolutely normal.
For real? So I shouldn’t worry about it? The truck drives straight, no vibration or pulling. Maybe it is normal uh? I tent to overthink and stress out about things like these. I like my vehicles to be near perfection just for peace of mind. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cgiese80

Cgiese80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just because there’s no history of accidents doesn’t mean anything. Unless you personally had control of the vehicle its entire life and have direct knowledge. Carfax on mine shows one collision with a mailbox in the rear, but there’s bondo on the RF.

My Jeep has an aftermarket front fender on it that I installed myself after the previous owner wrinkled it. There’s no record of that, either.

My guess is a good mechanic or body man can look it over and show you where the accident repair was done. It’s almost impossible to hide from experienced eyes.

so you would recommend me taking it to a shop to get it inspected?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
so you would recommend me taking it to a shop to get it inspected?

Only if it will give you peace of mind. As long as it drives good, there’s really no need.

My OCD tendency would aggravate me until I got to the bottom of it. It sucks sometimes being a perfectionist in an imperfect world.

OP
OP
Cgiese80

Cgiese80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only if it will give you peace of mind. As long as it drives good, there’s really no need.

My OCD tendency would aggravate me until I got to the bottom of it. It sucks sometimes being a perfectionist in an imperfect world.
Exactly how i feel! I’m too OCD when it comes to my vehicles to the point that I get rid of them if it makes a noise or clunk that drives me nuts. My Tahoe drives good but it eats me inside the possibility of an underlying issue

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would verify there is no spacer behind that tire. And if there is one, that lugs are long enough. Never Know till ya look! And it could be offset bushings in upper control arm for alignment.

OP
OP
Cgiese80

Cgiese80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would verify there is no spacer behind that tire. And if there is one, that lugs are long enough. Never Know till ya look! And it could be offset bushings in upper control arm for alignment.
I removed the tires to make sure there was nothing behind the wheel, swapped them out and still looked the same. I did have that Upper control arm replace only on that side and right after that, I got it aligned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr