2008 Tahoe/Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My check engine lights comes on for a few days then goes off for awhile. If changes the O2 sensors, mass airflow sensor. Everything checks out, when the check light comes on its alway p1145 code. Checked the code and it’s an air fuel mixture issue. I’m changing the throttle body sensor today. Hoping it remedies the light. Anyone have this issue with their vehicle? Needs some insight, this is been a on going issue and I’m trying to change things myself before taking hit to a mechanic.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

As stated above, please provide us with more information on your truck, as different generations of these trucks have different control systems.

OP
OP
T

Tahoe1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You always want to start with the basics: https://www.autocodes.com/p1174_gmc.html

You said "if changes" sensors and mass air flow. Does that mean you did change them or "if" you changed them?

How old are the ignition related components? Miles on the engine? Idles rough or smooth? Long crank before start? Etc......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe