2008 GMC YukonXL / do I need extended rear sway links?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mblack001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Really needing some opinions. I ordered some 3.5 inch rough country lifted struts for the front and was going to put 2 inch spacers on the rear. Took it to the shop to get the struts and everything put on, shop called saying I need extended rear sway links but I didn’t think 2 inches would require extended links? can anyone help me? I also am struggling with finding some extended rear links for my truck.

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really needing some opinions. I ordered some 3.5 inch rough country lifted struts for the front and was going to put 2 inch spacers on the rear. Took it to the shop to get the struts and everything put on, shop called saying I need extended sway links but I didn’t think 2 inches would require extended links? can anyone help me? I also am struggling with finding some extended rear links for my truck.
I can see a 2” lift requiring longer links.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really needing some opinions. I ordered some 3.5 inch rough country lifted struts for the front and was going to put 2 inch spacers on the rear. Took it to the shop to get the struts and everything put on, shop called saying I need extended sway links but I didn’t think 2 inches would require extended links? can anyone help me? I also am struggling with finding some extended rear links for my truck.
I ran 2” rear spacers on mine and then switched to 2” lift springs. No issues. D7BF78A4-A9A3-40FD-839D-B18AE1410547.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hellwig has adjustable rear links you might have to call them to see about ordering them separate, they come with there solid sway bar upgrades

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Kryptonite And cognito makes nice HD ones for the front and look for some good HD Jeep JK sway bar links for the rear but I ran leveled running 3-4” lift with the stock sway bar links and was fine for the first year or so in fact I still got those plastic sway bar links on the Tahoe right now up front and I’ve put 75,000 miles on them from stock to leveled 2” to 3.5” to 4” now to 8” and I drive wide open everywhere they have got the job done I’ve yet to upgrade simply because it’s fine so far and I replaced everything else that was important for my needs like control arms wheel bearings ball joints I did have the rough country upper control arms to get me by until I upgraded to uniballs to correct the ball joint angle E94BC48F-EE01-4140-80BB-13C51FEDEA57.jpeg

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Measure down from what you have now and get the length you need to get your sway bar as close to level as you can the adjustable links are Nice if you want to spend a lil more but any Jeep jk ones will work I think mine were 40$ or so off eBay

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really needing some opinions. I ordered some 3.5 inch rough country lifted struts for the front and was going to put 2 inch spacers on the rear. Took it to the shop to get the struts and everything put on, shop called saying I need extended rear sway links but I didn’t think 2 inches would require extended links? can anyone help me? I also am struggling with finding some extended rear links for my truck.
With respect to your question, rear sway bars perform at their best when the two sway bar end pieces are completely horizontal. Any deviation from horizontal will lessen the effect of the sway bar. Can you run them out of horizontal? Yes, you can, if you accept the reduction in performance of the sway bar.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep JK front sway bar end links fit perfectly on the back of the Tahoe. I am running 3 inch lift Jeep JK on mine and I have about 3.5 inches of lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal