2008 GMC Sierra 1500- 2” Leveling Kit Install Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I flipped the bolts on the axle side when I done mine on the Silverado
I pulled the cv axles out the Tahoe so no issue rubbing on it
The upper leveling kit helps prevent that issue but it’s a lot harder to install vs the lower which takes 30 minutes

I'm not sure why they provided bolts that are way too long. This should have been an easy thing to plan for.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they provided bolts that are way too long. This should have been an easy thing to plan for.
Yea and it’s kinda aggravating flipping the bolt trying to get it to line up and go in without binding up on the cv axle
I’ve done it so many times now I can have it swapped in or out in 20 minutes with a floor jack and a ratchet

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea and it’s kinda aggravating flipping the bolt trying to get it to line up and go in without binding up on the cv axle
I’ve done it so many times now I can have it swapped in or out in 20 minutes with a floor jack and a ratchet

Now that I think of it, I was going to trim the bolts, but just decided to undo the bolts holding the C/V axle to the front diff. I had all my tools out in the driveway at that point.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Now that I think of it, I was going to trim the bolts, but just decided to undo the bolts holding the C/V axle to the front diff. I had all my tools out in the driveway at that point.
Yea I diddnt own a impact until a couple months ago damn if it don’t make life ALOT quicker and easier
All hand tools since I was 15 10 years later I finally broke down and got some power tools

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts