2008 Escalade 4/6 drop - rubbing issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

langsbr

Reaction score
Not your typical rubbing. The hard brake line on the axle was rubbing on the exhaust and ended up wearing thru. The rubber lines were also rubbing.

I've been out of town but my buddy said that the sway car is rubbing on the rear end as well.

Anyone have these kind of issues at this amount of drop?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the axle shifted too far to one side? With that amount of drop, surely you'd need an adjustable panhard to re-center the axle. How is the sway bar rubbing the rear end? It should be mounted to the rear end. As far as the sway bar is concerned, DJM makes offset end links to shift the sway bar over since it hits the shock with larger drops. can you post any pics of the problem areas?

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the brake lines you can relocate them behind the pumpkin. See if Tony @NORCAL SS has anything to add to what Chris said.

OP
OP
L

langsbr

Reaction score
I was out of town and my buddy's text didn't translate well. The sway bar is touching the panhard bar mount, and has even worn away some of the sway bar.
sway bar touch.jpg

With the chassis lifted, you can see how much has rubbed away:
sway bar touch.jpg sway bar lifted.jpg

I have the DJM endlinks and everything was moved over to fit - I need to find a new ship as they did it wrong before and one of the endlinks broke :-/

The rubber brake lines above the diff were rubbing too, so I had some stainless lines installed there:
brake line rub.jpg

The other thing - I had to get the adjustable control arms to re-center the axle in the wheel well, which pushed the axle back, and now it touches the panhard bar:
panhardbar touch.jpg

When I originally ordered the 4/6 drop, I wasn't told I needed the LCAs. I think that contributed to my transmission issue, as the driveshaft was so tight, it was pushing against the transmission.

I know there is a such thing as "lowered life" but these seem like pretty excessive issues.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this isn't going as well as I was hoping for. Having only looked under mine and made plans but not actually lowered it, I'm out of ideas. Maybe you could adjust the bars back in? I know the axle wouldn't be centered, but you might have to sacrifice form for function.

My last ditch idea is did you get both upper and lower adjustable control arms? If you didn't get the uppers and adjusted the lowers to push the axle back, this would roll the pinion downward which would push the sway bar mounts upward and change their angle and position as well. Any chance this happened?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked with him? Tony is your best bet. Something has to be wrong lots of 4/6 drops here but haven’t heard this much trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission