2007 Yukon drivetrain replace/upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had mine impounded a few times locally for driving without a license, it's a $250 fee and the tow fee and a licensed driver can get it back the next day.
The next town up is not so lenient they hold all such impounds for 30 days so it turns out to be around $1200.00 the tow yards make out like bandits.
I had lost my license for a couple years it was only 1 year for too many points on my record but I kept driving and getting caught and they would just add the points and so it almost became a loosing battle but I managed to talk my way out of a couple even without a license and got it reinstated.
I had to come up with a lie to the DMV once during that time because I got ticketed for my kid not being seat belted and yet I had no license...lol

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. I was going 165kmph (100+ mph). 40km(25mph) over the limit gets you $400 ticket, $400tow and impound for a week. Also insurance dings you for the points. Then the Superintendant of motor vehicles has to okay you keeping your license but not before charging you a safety premium. I haven't slowed down any but I definitely am more careful where/when I go fast.
100mph?

topped out 130mph on I-10 ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM that was in a dodge caravan btw(rental) never my own..

i still got 25mpg not too bad

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had mine impounded a few times locally for driving without a license, it's a $250 fee and the tow fee and a licensed driver can get it back the next day.
The next town up is not so lenient they hold all such impounds for 30 days so it turns out to be around $1200.00 the tow yards make out like bandits.
I had lost my license for a couple years it was only 1 year for too many points on my record but I kept driving and getting caught and they would just add the points and so it almost became a loosing battle but I managed to talk my way out of a couple even without a license and got it reinstated.
I had to come up with a lie to the DMV once during that time because I got ticketed for my kid not being seat belted and yet I had no license...lol
Here they don’t inpound luckily. They zebra stripe the tags instead and suspend ( or cancel ?) the registration so you stand out to any cop that sees your vehicle on the road and they will pull you over and take you to jail. I used to get in a lot of trouble mainly from drinking and being belligerent with the cops and finally lost my license for 5 years for being habitual offender. I still drove for 4 more until they zebra striped my tags. I sold that truck so I wouldn’t drive and the dude that bought it put new plates on it and STILL got pulled over constantly. I guess the truck was infamous with the popo and they’d pull it over on sight. Ahhhh the good old days. Kidding, I don’t miss that.

OP
OP
Y

Yukonblonde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Denali rear is a 14 bolt upgrade that’s probably the same price as your 12 bolt… the Denali could have a 6.2, and the 6l80 if anything at least upgrade to the 4l80 while you’re under there…
Thank you for your answer but now I have a few more questions.
1- is the 14 bolt just stronger/more durable or will I notice a performance improvement when driving in snow or one day maybe some semi extreme off reading?
2 - Does it work with the 5.3?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer but now I have a few more questions.
1- is the 14 bolt just stronger/more durable or will I notice a performance improvement when driving in snow or one day maybe some semi extreme off reading?
2 - Does it work with the 5.3?
No performance improvement. It’s just stronger and more durable.

Yes, it does.

OP
OP
Y

Yukonblonde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No performance improvement. It’s just stronger and more durable.

Yes, it does.
Thank you. After doing some research I decided that for now I will drop the gas tank and probably replace the fuel pump module with the help of a mechanic friend. I do like the idea of upgrading when I replace parts so I will starrt looking for 14 bolt

OP
OP
Y

Yukonblonde

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good thing 25mph over the limit down here doesn’t get your rig impounded or half of us would be without a ride half the time. :cool:
They usually give us a break - up to around 30 over they regularly drop it down. But I was going 50 over the limit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts