2007 Yukon Denali stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I do not, but I have already replaced the actuator, as well as the camshaft position sensor and the crankshaft postion sensor
To be clear, and I have not gone back and scoured all 49 posts here, when you say actuator, are you talking about the solenoid that mounts to the timing chain cover behind the water pump or are you talking about the piece that threads into the end of the camshaft and holds the VVT phaser on?

How many miles on the motor?

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To be clear, and I have not gone back and scoured all 49 posts here, when you say actuator, are you talking about the solenoid that mounts to the timing chain cover behind the water pump or are you talking about the piece that threads into the end of the camshaft and holds the VVT phaser on?

How many miles on the motor?

I am talking about the one that threads into the end of the camshaft, and it has 170K on the motor

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the one that threads into the end of the camshaft, and it has 170K on the motor

Ok, so let's see if we can walk through the possible things that would cause a the camshaft to be out of position.

1. Camshaft Position Sensor - Replaced
    1. Have you checked the condition of the wiring harness?
  2. Crankshaft Position Sensor - Replaced
  3. Camshaft VVT Actuator - Replaced
  4. Camshaft VVT Solenoid - Replaced?
  5. VVT phaser Sprocket failing to shift
    1. Phaser is stuck and can't shift
    2. Low oil pressure getting to the phaser through the camshaft ports and can't shift it
  6. Timing chain tensioner failing
  7. Timing chain stretched

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so let's see if we can walk through the possible things that would cause a the camshaft to be out of position.

1. Camshaft Position Sensor - Replaced
  2. Crankshaft Position Sensor - Replaced
  3. Camshaft VVT Actuator - Replaced
  4. Camshaft VVT Solenoid - Replaced?
  5. VVT phaser Sprocket failing to shift
    1. Phaser is stuck and can't shift
    2. Low oil pressure getting to the phaser through the camshaft ports and can't shift it
  6. Timing chain tensioner failing
  7. Timing chain stretched

The VVT solenoid was replaced and the wiring harness is checked good/ 5 thru 7 not sure about, how would I check these possibilities?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The VVT solenoid was replaced and the wiring harness is checked good/ 5 thru 7 not sure about, how would I check these possibilities?
Unfortunately, that requires tearing into the timing cover and taking a look. That happens when the process of elimination leads you to that point which I think you might be close to now.

vettes980

Reaction score
I replaced the throttle body and the fuel pump, and the stalling issue seems to have disappeared but I do sill have the stabilitrak light coming on after 20 minutes of driving and after awhile it goes out and then comes on together with the check engine light? Any suggestions? I have read it is probably a bad steering wheel position sensor ?
Curious if you were checking the fuel pressure with a gauge during a period on stalling? You symptoms mimics mine exactly but I have ruled out throttle body w a new one and my fuel pressure is where it should be when it has stalled and cranking. I just received my vvt solenoid, CPS, VVT oil control bolt and water pump from rock auto today and replacing these items this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious if you were checking the fuel pressure with a gauge during a period on stalling? You symptoms mimics mine exactly but I have ruled out throttle body w a new one and my fuel pressure is where it should be when it has stalled and cranking. I just received my vvt solenoid, CPS, VVT oil control bolt and water pump from rock auto today and replacing these items this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fuel pressure was good. i have no more stalling issues I am just getting the annoying Stabiltrak light followed by check engine light. But now when I go to read the codes there is nothing. No more Code P0011?
or no stored codes

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel pressure was good. i have no more stalling issues I am just getting the annoying Stabiltrak light followed by check engine light. But now when I go to read the codes there is nothing. No more Code P0011?
or no stored codes
check the code when the cel is lit up, if it is not storing a code that would lead me to think there is a short occurring then when it goes to self check the connection is good and it passes so it doesn't store a code, just my .02

OP
OP
B

Bruce Mace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
check the code when the cel is lit up, if it is not storing a code that would lead me to think there is a short occurring then when it goes to self check the connection is good and it passes so it doesn't store a code, just my .02

It seems the dreaded P0011 code has reappeared. Not sure what is the next step other than thinking it is a cam chain tensioning issue or the chain is stretched?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts