2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, the flexplate and the like are things often overlooked by folks wanting to go fast but not thinking about durability.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember days like that on the street, no room to put the pedal to the floor, eats pavement too rapidly! Can't wait to learn of your 60' times! If I remember right, my stock appearing car would hit 60 mph in about 130 feet on the street.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, the flexplate and the like are things often overlooked by folks wanting to go fast but not thinking about durability.

You're right about that... When it comes to safety items on something this fast/powerful, I don't screw around. Well worth the money for peace of mind.

For reference as to how fast this truck is, I was able to destroy 4 Hellcats on Woodward from a dig as well as a 40mph roll. 3 of them were Chargers and the other one was a Challenger. I also FINALLY had an opportunity to run a TrackHawk which I've been dying to do. The results were surprising and I'm pissed I don't have it recorded... Bottom line, this truck is much faster than a modded TrackHawk. The son of the guy driving told me, "this one ain't stock" and I replied "neither is mine lol". We got to run a few times so I know it wasn't a fluke. With him using launch control I put a car length on him 0 to 60 mph (I think it was 72 MPH but I gotta check the logs). We also went from a 40 roll and I was able to jump in front with him getting the hit and still was ahead and pulling slightly. I was very happy since this one was "modded". I guess his launch control pushes through the brakes at 2k RPM so it doesn't work all that well, at least thats the excuse he gave me. All in all he was a great guy and his son LOVED my truck. He was taking all sorts of pictures, just curious if he will actually tell his friends his dads TrackHawk got beat by a 2007 Yukon Denali LMAO :chewie:

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot... I had some custom badges made up by EmblemPros. They came out GREAT and I put them on right before the cruise. Highly recommended if anyone needs anything, custom or off the shelf. Top Notch... Gotta see the mirror ONYX black finish in person or watch their YouTube video.

Yes, I will black out the rest of the chrome soon. Denali badge, door trim, step trim and door handles... Next up is a headlight upgrade

402 LSx Badge.jpg

402 LSx Badge Installed.jpeg

402 LSx Badge Installed 2.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Love it!! I envy you man. I wish I had your truck, well maybe not!! I'd DEF get arrested lol. Love the vids, too bad you don't have any of the races. I'd love to see those. Keep it up:waytogo::driver:.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it!! I envy you man. I wish I had your truck, well maybe not!! I'd DEF get arrested lol. Love the vids, too bad you don't have any of the races. I'd love to see those. Keep it up:waytogo::driver:.

Thanks man, the hard work is finally paying off... It made it all worth it to see the guys face driving the Trackhawk and all the people talking about it all weekend. I wish I bought that camera earlier. I just got it this week. I almost did get arrested during the cruise lmao... All sorts of people drag racing and doing burnouts in the Pontiac Loop and I got pulled over in my AWD truck. I wasn't speeding, just took off from a light WOT and let off at the 55mph speed limit. Cop swerved in and out of traffic, must have been doing 80mph+ to catch up (really safe). He pulls me over and said the usual, "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?". I said that I certainly wasn't speeding but I possibly broke all four tires loose from the light. He said, "no, I pulled you over for drag racing". I kind of laughed and asked him who was I supposedly drag racing because all I did was launch from the light and there was no one running next to me. He claimed that to drag race you don't need another car. Simply accelerating too fast from a stop is 6 points and reckless and/or careless driving. In Michigan, Reckless they arrest you and impound the vehicle, Careless you get a ticket similar to speeding just max points. Ask me how I know lol...

Anyways, the cop ended up running my info after asking me how my driving record was. Surprisingly I hadn't been pulled over in a few years (double speed limit, 85+ in a 40 MPH) and got a careless driving ticket. I guess he was cool with it since he let me go, didn't even really warn me. Before he ran my info though, he did say "all these people out here are trying to have fun and you're ruining it"... I found that hilarious since I was giving the people exactly what they came to see. Lesson learned, stay the hell out of Bloomfield township.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks man, the hard work is finally paying off... It made it all worth it to see the guys face driving the Trackhawk and all the people talking about it all weekend. I wish I bought that camera earlier. I just got it this week. I almost did get arrested during the cruise lmao... All sorts of people drag racing and doing burnouts in the Pontiac Loop and I got pulled over in my AWD truck. I wasn't speeding, just took off from a light WOT and let off at the 55mph speed limit. Cop swerved in and out of traffic, must have been doing 80mph+ to catch up (really safe). He pulls me over and said the usual, "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?". I said that I certainly wasn't speeding but I possibly broke all four tires loose from the light. He said, "no, I pulled you over for drag racing". I kind of laughed and asked him who was I supposedly drag racing because all I did was launch from the light and there was no one running next to me. He claimed that to drag race you don't need another car. Simply accelerating too fast from a stop is 6 points and reckless and/or careless driving. In Michigan, Reckless they arrest you and impound the vehicle, Careless you get a ticket similar to speeding just max points. Ask me how I know lol...

Anyways, the cop ended up running my info after asking me how my driving record was. Surprisingly I hadn't been pulled over in a few years (double speed limit, 85+ in a 40 MPH) and got a careless driving ticket. I guess he was cool with it since he let me go, didn't even really warn me. Before he ran my info though, he did say "all these people out here are trying to have fun and you're ruining it"... I found that hilarious since I was giving the people exactly what they came to see. Lesson learned, stay the hell out of Bloomfield township.
In NJ, careless is better then reckless. Careless is 2 pts, Reckless is 4 pts.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In NJ, careless is better then reckless. Careless is 2 pts, Reckless is 4 pts.

It's definitely different state to state but careless is better than reckless in Michigan too. Back in college I got pulled over in Ohio for doing 145 mph in a 65 mph zone. They pulled me over and the cop was going so fast to catch me he almost rear ended me when he pulled off the road (I was stopped already). He wrote me up for Reckless driving and asked me to pay the fine on the spot or they take me to jail. I used a debit card to pay the fine and they let me go... ******* helicopter clocked me 4 miles down the road doing 68mph in a 65mph. They had troopers waiting for me at the next (my) exit. Wrote me a ticket and made me pay the fee again (maybe for out of state drivers?). Such BS, the Reckless driving charge automatically transferred to Michigan so I got hit with another fine, points in MI and they "automatically" suspended my license... After they wrote me up, they were like "oh, you are the guy that was doing 148mph back there... We were about to come after you." Lesson learned, go the damn speed limit in Ohio, they don't screw around lol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I could get away with half the shenanigans we used to do anymore with technology the way it is. I had a scanner in my car so I could hear the troopers talking to each and trying to come after me. Armed with that info it was easy to just get off at the exit before them and disappear or just throttle up to 140 and be gone. Those 5.0s were fast but not that fast. I did pull over for one once. I was cruising home from the track at 104 at 0-boost, the GNs cruising speed, when a trooper turned around and started after me. I began to accelerate and looked over at the my gas gauge, not enough fuel to out run this guy. So I pulled over. He was a nice enough fellow, we both thought we knew each other from somewhere but couldn't pinpoint it, run me and came back to the car with two tickets, he said I can give you a ticket for 104 or one for no seatbelt. Without saying a word, I unclicked my seatbelt and he passed me that ticket and said have a nice day! Only seatbelt ticket I ever got.

Looking forward to those timeslips Matt! If I weren't so far away, it'd be a hoot just to come up and watch her run!