2007 Yukon 2500 SLT2 purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
CE481058-5FD0-4E56-B8C5-E8834C2960C1.png
Spicer! Those 2007s have the smaller 5-1350X in the rear, same as the 1500s whereas the 2008 and on use the 5-1410X, same as the 1500 K2s. Front u-joints are 5-795X for all of them.

Thanks man! I was reading that spicer was made by Dana? Will this work? I bought a AAM slip yoke and I figured I’d replace the universal joints as well. Should I replace the front drive shaft ujoints as well? Are these the right universal joints Inneed? Can I buy a quantity of 4 and complete everything?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I was reading that spicer was made by Dana? Will this work? I bought a AAM slip yoke and I figured I’d replace the universal joints as well. Should I replace the front drive shaft ujoints as well? Are these the right universal joints Inneed? Can I buy a quantity of 4 and complete everything?

Yes, Spicer is part of Dana. This is a different u-joint then the one I mentioned to you. Same size but configured differently. Might have grease fittings or be hollow inside which makes them weaker. The ones I posted are solid and sealed like the originals.

The front u-joints are 5-795X and I would only replace them if they needed replacing or while doing needed yokes.

Let me look in my catalog...

Yeah, the -1X are greaseable. Your choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
Yes, Spicer is part of Dana. This is a different u-joint then the one I mentioned to you. Same size but configured differently. Might have grease fittings or be hollow inside which makes them weaker. The ones I posted are solid and sealed like the originals.

The front u-joints are 5-795X and I would only replace them if they needed replacing or while doing needed yokes.

Let me look in my catalog...

Yeah, the -1X are greaseable. Your choice.

Ok, so I buy two of these ? https://www.amazon.com/Spicer-5-1350X-U-Joint-Kit/dp/B00DOIAP1O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons