2007 Yukon 2500 SLT2 purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn’t the Denali a 3/4 ton as well? I thought 6.2 liter would also be a 3/4 ton?

No. The Denali is what I call the hot rod of the family. 6.2L all-aluminum engine. The 2500 trucks get the iron-block 6.0. While the 6.2 puts out more power, the 6.0 will beat it on durability I honestly expect 300k out of my 6.0,but I'd be surprised if my Denali goes much past 200k.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I paid nearly double that for my 2013. I value my time, though, and can't really afford (time wise) a plane ticket to a better market. I feel like the '07s are slightly undervalued on the market due to the four speed transmission. Conversely, the '11, '12, and especially '13 model year 2500s command a heavy premium because they're just newer.

If you're handy, and got one that was babied as you did, it shouldn't really matter. Enjoy it!

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, 1500 chassis. Count the lug nuts. 6.2 is aluminum block hotrod motor as Bill perfectly describes them. Yours is iron block work horse.

Depends on the year. My 2001 Denali has an iron block LQ4 and the 4L85E. It's a 1500 chassis yes, but also has the upgraded oil and transmission coolers. It's closer to a 2500 than the newer Denalis.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the year. My 2001 Denali has an iron block LQ4 and the 4L85E. It's a 1500 chassis yes, but also has the upgraded oil and transmission coolers. It's closer to a 2500 than the newer Denalis.

Well, I'm not sure how an oil and transmission cooler strengthens a chassis. The GMT-900 1500 chassis is much stronger than the 1500 GMT-800s. It's even more stout than those "heavy halfs" too.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair. Those factory mods do nothing to strengthen the chassis. But they do make me feel better about light duty towing duties in the Texas summer. Towing is one of the big reasons to get a 2500. So for some the additional coolers might be enough. Depends on your needs.

OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’d like purchase some oem 8 lug wheels to fit my 07’ 2500. What will fit ? What should I be searching for? I’m not much for aftermarket wheels. Just curious what looks good for cheap that will fit?

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair. Those factory mods do nothing to strengthen the chassis. But they do make me feel better about light duty towing duties in the Texas summer. Towing is one of the big reasons to get a 2500. So for some the additional coolers might be enough. Depends on your needs.

People are mistaken when they think there's anything in common between the 1500 and 2500 trucks. Yes, they share the same body, but underneath they are completely different trucks.

Engines, transmissions, driveshafts, axles, brakes, frame, springs, suspension, wheels, steering - all completely different. The 2500 Suburbans are the same platform as the 1500HD pickup trucks.

It's not the engine and the presence of coolers that determines your towing capacity. It's the axles, brakes, frame and suspension. And in that regard, there's nothing similar between 1500 and 2500.

OP
OP
D

Dasanii19

Reaction score
People are mistaken when they think there's anything in common between the 1500 and 2500 trucks. Yes, they share the same body, but underneath they are completely different trucks.

Engines, transmissions, driveshafts, axles, brakes, frame, springs, suspension, wheels, steering - all completely different. The 2500 Suburbans are the same platform as the 1500HD pickup trucks.

It's not the engine and the presence of coolers that determines your towing capacity. It's the axles, brakes, frame and suspension. And in that regard, there's nothing similar between 1500 and 2500.

What brand ujoints should I go with?