2007 Tahoe Z71 Fender Flare removal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
IMG_4513.JPG IMG_4515.JPG IMG_4518.JPG IMG_4525.JPG IMG_4528.JPG IMG_4513.JPG IMG_4515.JPG IMG_4518.JPG As stated, I did it on my Suburban. It takes a lot of patience and time but looks amazing when done. First you must unbolt the flares and tabs from the fender wells, then I used some fishing wire to get the flares to give and then lightly pulled until they came off. I then used a 3m stripe eraser wheel at 2500rpm to remove the 3m double sided tape. I also used a machine buffer and lots of patience to give her a nice clean as if never even there shine :)

Sarge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if I take the fender flares off if the back will be flush or are there parts that are there that can't be taken off because it's a Z71. I'm just not a fan of them.

What color is your tahoe? I have a white yukon ive been wanting to see what the z71 molding would look like. I may buy them!

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! I want to do this on my '08 Z71 so I can start the an "SS" conversion...have been worried about the front bumper, I thought it was flared out where it meets the fender (sorry that may not make sense) but it appears to be flush without the fender flares on.

Last edited:

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
IMG_4675.JPG
Dang! I want to do this on my '08 Z71 so I can start the an "SS" conversion...have been worried about the front bumper, I thought it was flared out where it meets the fender (sorry that may not make sense) but it appears to be flush without the fender flares on.
Yes sir, it's flush :)

I'll be changing my bumpers out soon anyways

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the pic. It looks like there is a market for the flares too.

ken in md

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice job - I am trying to do the reverse, to ADD Z71 flares to my Yukon XL. One because I like them but also to hide some scratches from previous fender flares. Are yours still available? Wonder if they could be re-used with new 3m tape...

scottierass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So much nicer! Good to know too [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiaShaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, Looks like the covered fender areas could be a good place to find bad rust.. I believe my 07 tahoe was east coast at one time,..

Jybarra071

TYF Newbie
Reaction score