2007 Tahoe bad cats. Who would you get replacements from.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cats were hollowed out by previous owner. I don't like the smell of no cats so I need a new y pipe. Anyone have experience with aftermarket cats on their truck. Stock replacement is fine I don't need high flow cats or anything like that. Thank you

PuroPinchePedo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to do the same thing due to my cats being wrecked. Based on the look of the cats set up these seems to be the easiest to use to replace. The angled pipe will go in with the lease amount of "customization" needed. At least that's the case for my 2009 Tahoe.
http://tinyurl.com/j75fg9w

OP
OP
T

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So nobody on here ever replaced their converters??

OP
OP
T

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered this off amazon and this is what showed up. ordered it yesterday at 12:45pm and it was on my doorstep by 6pm tonight. Shipping said I'd have it next wed so I'm super impressed, it beat the gaskets here. I saw it on the steps and it's so ugly I wanted to hit it with a stick and tell them take it back, but for 325$ I guess I should have expected this. I'm just disappointed in the bends and diameter changes in the pipe. When I get the stock one out and have them side by side I'll decide if I send it back and spend 2x the money or just run this and hope it lasts, or fails before the warrantee expires.image.pngimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Kingx1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow talk about false advertisement!! It looks nothing like the picture. I'd be pretty upset, but then again it was cheap.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Those look Like they rot through in a few years in New England

OP
OP
T

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look Like they rot through in a few years in New England
My thoughts the same. I'm thinking about using some high temp exhaust paint to help out, but might just send it back.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Would it have been better to just weld in after market cats and keep the stock piping?

OP
OP
T

ta07hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it have been better to just weld in after market cats and keep the stock piping?
Thought about it, looking into finding a quality cat but I'm skeptical of weld in universals.