2007 Tahoe 60/40 bench to captains chairs conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbanks768

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 chevy tahoe LT that has a 2nd row 60/40 bench seat and I want to convert over to 2nd row captains seats. Is there any welding that needs to be done or anything special I have to do for this conversion?

niely

Reaction score
I have a 2007 chevy tahoe LT that has a 2nd row 60/40 bench seat and I want to convert over to 2nd row captains seats. Is there any welding that needs to be done or anything special I have to do for this conversion?

Did you ever find out if you can do this? I also have 2nd row bench and would like bucket seats....until then I removed the '40' version of my bench row so there is a pass through, but on the passenger side.

niely

Reaction score
Did you ever find out if you can do this? I also have 2nd row bench and would like bucket seats....until then I removed the '40' version of my bench row so there is a pass through, but on the passenger side.

IMG_20170722_103418.jpg

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure that you get captain seats out of a short wheel based Escalade, Tahoe, or Yukon. I believe that the seat base/Bolt patterns are different for the Suburban, Yukon XL, ESV.

Yes, you will need the carpets as well as Galante mentioned!

I have done it twice and it's a direct bolt in.

Jared Creaser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 suburban with tan leather captain seats, anyone have a bench seat for trade? I have 6 kids and need the extra seat asap. If so you can email me at [email protected]
Or call or text 9208092707

wjoutlaw

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Escalade (Short wheelbase) black leather captains chairs and want the 60/40 bench seat. Would consider doing a straight up trade for anyone in the Central Texas Area (San Antonio) within reasonable driving distance.

wjoutlaw

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Escalade (Short wheelbase) black leather captains chairs and want the 60/40 bench seat. Would consider doing a straight up trade for anyone in the Central Texas Area (San Antonio) within reasonable driving distance.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah should work. On Excursions the holes are there but not necessarily threaded for this conversion. Not sure what GM's frame provisions are. If you're really curious you can pull the upfitter build docs from GM, they're available free to the public. (Can't remember the URL at the moment though...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC