2007 Tahoe 5.3l AFM DOD delete thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 02sensors closest to the headers so my upstream sensors are unplugged. Let me get the ypipe and upstream 02 sensors hooked up. I hope that's the issue what yall think?

The PCM relies on the upstream O2 sensors to adjust fuel trims in closed loop operation (upstream is in front of the cats). If there is no O2 sensor, then it hasn't got a way to know if that bank is running rich or lean. With the O2 sensors unplugged, I am surprised you only got a P0300 code.

Can you get your scan tool to look at the misfire counts by cylinder? (most will in Live Data mode)

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PCM relies on the upstream O2 sensors to adjust fuel trims in closed loop operation (upstream is in front of the cats). If there is no O2 sensor, then it hasn't got a way to know if that bank is running rich or lean. With the O2 sensors unplugged, I am surprised you only got a P0300 code.

Can you get your scan tool to look at the misfire counts by cylinder? (most will in Live Data mode)
I also got p0171 p0174 (if i remember correctly) lean codes. Ill search my scan tool. Thanks for the replies. I pray its just the o2 sensors being unplugged I gotta drive this Tahoe to Texas soon

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the low oil pressure is it because that screen was removed?

I doubt removing the screen will cause a lower pressure reading, at least, I can't think of why.

It could be a number of possible causes, most of which I think have been mentioned. I believe there are a few different O-Rings that go on the end of the pickup tube. If you get the wrong one, it may cause the idle low pressure you are seeing. You could try the over fill on an incline method of checking that o-ring.

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt removing the screen will cause a lower pressure reading, at least, I can't think of why.

It could be a number of possible causes, most of which I think have been mentioned. I believe there are a few different O-Rings that go on the end of the pickup tube. If you get the wrong one, it may cause the idle low pressure you are seeing. You could try the over fill on an incline method of checking that o-ring.

Thanks Steele . The o ring I installed fitted pretty snug even before tightening I hope it's not the o ring cause I hate dropping that oil pan.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steele . The o ring I installed fitted pretty snug even before tightening I hope it's not the o ring cause I hate dropping that oil pan.

I understand, dropping the pan is a pain. I think you can eliminate the o-ring pretty easy by doing a test I first read about here from @iamdub. Maybe if we are lucky he will see this and chime in. Basically it is overfilling the oil by a couple of quarts and parking on a steep driveway nose down. If the idle oil pressure pops up, you know the o-ring is leaking air. If it doesn't change, you know it isn't an 0-ring problem.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer on the oil pressure, man. I had low oil pressure after replacing the O-ring as part of my cam swap job, and ended up dropping the pan a second time and replacing the oil pump with a high volume unit and a new O-ring supplied with the pump. I could find no problem with the O-ring I removed when I installed the new pump, so who knows. They're finicky.

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it sucks trying to pin point it. I pray I dont have to drop that pan again. My oil filter was loose and leaking some oil a bit so i tightened it down more hope that was the cause will start up and run again. Oil pressure only drops at idle.

OP
OP
Taheezy_88

Taheezy_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: y-pipe is on with upstream 02 sensor installed. All codes are gone thankfully.

I still have the "SERVICE STABILITRAK" warning sign on dash though. I have no clue why or how to clear it. Any thoughts?

Oil pressure surprisingly is above 40psi at idle after I drove around the neighborhood a bit. Hope it stays maybe needed to build up oil pressure idk.

20210521_114217.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts