2007 SSV Optimal Wheel Backspacing and offset for 35/12.50's

Eric P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would the Optimal Wheel Backspacing and offset be for 35/12.50's on 17.s ? 2007 SSV Tahoe 3.5 in lift with front and rear bumpers trimmed up for clearance

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to do alot of trimming to fit 35 12.5s with that low of a lift. The more the offset pushes the tires out the wider the scrub radius will be and the more trimming you will need to do. To little offset and they will scrub control arms and sway bar. I have stock rims on mine norcal trimming on pinchweld and front of liner behind bumper trimmed alot. 3.5 knuckle lift for trucks. with no wheel spacers the 35s hit control arm and sway bar but clears the body. With half inch spacers and ford lug studs it clears control arm and barely touches sway bar at full lock but scrubs pinchweld area hard when at full turn and suspension compressed at same time. worse on passenger side than driver side. That's about best balance to minimize rubbing so a offset that is about a half inch further out than stock rims I can't remember stock offset right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BradM