2007, how do I know if I have air shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe but don't know how to tell whether I have air shocks or not.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe but don't know how to tell whether I have air shocks or not.

The easy option is to look inside your glove box at the RPO codes and see if you have G69, which is the Auto leveling portion of the AutoRide (Z55) system.

The most definitive way is to crawl under the truck and look at the rear shocks. I say it that way because your truck may have came with the Auto leveling suspension from the factory but a previous owner could have removed it and replaced with standard shocks.

The air shocks are only in the rear, just FYI. Many people get confused and think the front struts are also air ride, but they are not.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a look at the rear shocks. Air shocks have a bladder, regular ones don’t. Unless you bought the truck new you have no way of knowing if they haven’t been converted. Here’s an Arnott air shock that fits an 07.
1624583156052.png

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ty sir, if regular shocks, what brand will give the smoothest ride?

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easy option is to look inside your glove box at the RPO codes and see if you have G69, which is the Auto leveling portion of the AutoRide (Z55) system.

The most definitive way is to crawl under the truck and look at the rear shocks. I say it that way because your truck may have came with the Auto leveling suspension from the factory but a previous owner could have removed it and replaced with standard shocks.

The air shocks are only in the rear, just FYI. Many people get confused and think the front struts are also air ride, but they are not.
Ty sir.