2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali 6.2 Overheating at a stand still

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry for such a delayed follow-up to this thread.. I have been incredibly busy.
I pulled the front bumper/grill off. Found the opening(s) where the hot air was circulating back into the bumper/in front of the radiator behind the headlights (also by the front battery tray and intake box).. I put a piece of cardboard that I had wrapped in duct tape in each opening.. put my bumper back on and gosh darn it.. if that wasn't the whole issue.. it was a very large portion. My temps at idle are much more stable (they will still climb some.. but MUUCH slower and it's not consistent, some times they don't climb at all)
With all of that said.. is there a part number for the rubber material to get a factory part/fit again? I don't even know what to call the things.. baffles, air dams? I can't find a part because I don't know what they are called.
The next step(s) is to replace the passenger side exhaust manifold gasket and get a new trans cooler and remote mount it down some out of the way of the rad. After replacing my cardboard cutouts with a more permanent fix :)

They are called baffles on GM Parts Giant website. Here are your part numbers. Good job with the diagnosing. Might also get an assorted box of body clips to mount them up as well.

GM 15208496

GM 15208497

GO0BER

Reaction score
They are called baffles on GM Parts Giant website. Here are your part numbers. Good job with the diagnosing. Might also get an assorted box of body clips to mount them up as well.

GM 15208496

GM 15208497

Thank you much! I have a whole thing of body fasteners.. Started using those while restoring my 87 toyota supra a few years ago.. Won't even NOT have some on hand ;)
I will be ordering the correct baffles to hopefully end this saga of overheating.. It has not been fun dealing with all of that in this Arizona summer heat.. Phew!

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for such a delayed follow-up to this thread.. I have been incredibly busy.
I pulled the front bumper/grill off. Found the opening(s) where the hot air was circulating back into the bumper/in front of the radiator behind the headlights (also by the front battery tray and intake box).. I put a piece of cardboard that I had wrapped in duct tape in each opening.. put my bumper back on and gosh darn it.. if that wasn't the whole issue.. it was a very large portion. My temps at idle are much more stable (they will still climb some.. but MUUCH slower and it's not consistent, some times they don't climb at all)
With all of that said.. is there a part number for the rubber material to get a factory part/fit again? I don't even know what to call the things.. baffles, air dams? I can't find a part because I don't know what they are called.
The next step(s) is to replace the passenger side exhaust manifold gasket and get a new trans cooler and remote mount it down some out of the way of the rad. After replacing my cardboard cutouts with a more permanent fix :)
I used rubber shower drain pan liner material from HomeDepot or amazon to rebuld those air damns/walls

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I just used a couple of pieces of black Coroplast, cut to fit and held in place with zip ties. It's the same stuff that yard signs are made of and you can buy sheets of it on Amazon for not much. I wager that it will far outlast the rubberized sheets that GM used, which lasted maybe 75K at best.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I just used a couple of pieces of black Coroplast, cut to fit and held in place with zip ties. It's the same stuff that yard signs are made of and you can buy sheets of it on Amazon for not much. I wager that it will far outlast the rubberized sheets that GM used, which lasted maybe 75K at best.

Thanks for this. I just happened to be under my hood checking things and noticed the pass side is completely missing and the driver's side is ripped in half and definitely useless. This will be my tinkering project for the upcoming weekend to replace the factory baffles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14