2007 Drivers side blend door cleaning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 LTZ started blowing cold on the drivers side (I actually was thinking it wasn't blowing cold in the summer so now that's confirmed). I tried the reset a few times and nothing changed. I've heard there are a few kinds of actuators so I went in to pull it out and get the part number. While it was out I figured I might as well open her up and see if mine was dirty like the OP.

548E002C-988B-4D9F-BE15-80093DAB9CA6.jpg

What I found was disturbing. Not sure why it got wet but it seems the actuator was submerged enough for the motor to rust pretty good. It was seized but I took all the sprockets out and churned the motor by hand until it felt better. I also cleaned the contacts like the OP did.

Figured I should reinstall and see if anything changed. I did the reset and I have heat again!!!! Feels so nice to fix this ongoing problem for free.

I'll take a photo tomorrow but once you drop the panel under the dash on the passenger side the actuator is in top of the trans tunnel. Two 7/32" bolts hold it in. Fairly easy job but fiddly.

Holy hell, dude! Did you buy your truck new or used? If used, any possibility of it being a flood vehicle? That's a TON of rust on the motor. Never seen one rusted up like that...

luv2cruiserccl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried but there is not much room to get anything in there to loosen the bolt. Just checking to see if anyone had any secrets or tips on how to remove that hidden bolt.
So anyone else have a way to get that far back bolt out?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Best photo I could grab at night, with my phone. The actuator is the unit with the red plug in the left side of the photo. This is with the lower panel removed.

So it's 3 10mm bolts to remove the lower panel, then the two smaller 5.5mm or 7/32" bolts to remove the actuator.

C2BBBABE-F56F-4785-AD7C-B481768BBE50.jpg
So did that actuator on the vortom of the passenger side control the vents on the passenger or drivers side?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TahoeTX

Reaction score
I had this same issue where the driver side would blow only cool air in the summer. The passenger side was ice cold. I took off the actuator and cleaned the contacts as described and put it back in. Boom it's cold again on the driver side.
There are a couple things to note though. When taking the actuator out there are two bolt/screws that hold it in. One is obvious and the other is on the back side of the unit. The back side screw came out with just the small socket and wrench. You don't need any special tools other than the small ratchet because there isn't much room between the actuator and the floor.
Also after you take out the actuator make sure to mark the position of the dial with a white or color marker. When you take the thing apart the gears will come flying and you'll never remember the exact position when reassembling. This position needs to match the way it came out or else you can throw off your AC settings.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys please tell me. I dropped my sunlight sensor down the windshield exhaust vent. Will it have made it all the way down to the door. Can i grab it from there?

Double3

Reaction score
Alright I'm having the same issue with my 07 LTZ Tahoe on the driver's side and I'm not about to pay the dealer $400+ that they want. I'm either replacing it or going to try and clean it like is being talked about here. It will occasionally blow hot air when the AC is on and now that it is cooler out I noticed it is blowing cold air when the heat is on.

So I need to access this actuator on the passenger side correct? Is there a driver and passenger side actuator?

Last edited:

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem where driver side blows hot and passenger side blows cold,fixed

image.jpg

96lt4c4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an FYI, my passenger side blend acuator stopped on my wifes Yukon. You do not need to take out the dash to get to it. All you need to do is pull the vents out and trim. This allows you to get to the bolts holding in the pass air bag. Pull it out and the actuator is on top of the air box. You can reach your hand in through the hole in top of the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt