2007 Drivers side blend door cleaning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon/Baja

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem as others here with drivers side of dual zone a/c not cooling properly. I tried the resets suggested by other members but the drivers side was still a good bit warmer than the passenger. I removed the actuator, opened it up, and found the contacts to be very dirty and coated with the grease that's on the gears. Using electric parts cleaner and q-tips, I cleaned the small contacts on the gear and the area on the board that the contacts ride on. Reassembled, plugged back in, pulled and reinstalled fuses to do a reset, and problem fixed!! Drivers side is now blowing very cold and doesn't wander around like it did before.

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

It's kind of hard to see the contacts on the black gear in the pics because they were so dirty.
The whole job took maybe 30 minutes start to finish.
Hope this helps someone who's having the same problem!!

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

Hammer450R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for the write up! Im sure this will save someone in the future.

honistor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Yukon Denali and was also experiencing the HVAC system blowing hot air when it was hot outside and cold when it was cold outside and everything in between. The system had a mind of its own. The problem was only on the drivers side. The passenger and rear zones were working fine. The day I finally had enough happened to be a Sunday so I couldn't get a new actuator from the dealer and the other parts stores in town had to order one. After reading many forums I decided to try cleaning the actuator and after 5 months the problem is fixed. I would urge anyone with a blend door problem to try cleaning to actuator first. It only cost me some time. My car has a center counsel so it was a bit of a chore to get the actuator off and put back on but well worth the time. Start to finish was only about an hour.

luv2cruiserccl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where would that be located on a 09 yukon xl. Having same issue but on passenger side

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of where this actuator is located under the dash? I am going to try this Sunday. I'm tired of my legs being cold!

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 LTZ started blowing cold on the drivers side (I actually was thinking it wasn't blowing cold in the summer so now that's confirmed). I tried the reset a few times and nothing changed. I've heard there are a few kinds of actuators so I went in to pull it out and get the part number. While it was out I figured I might as well open her up and see if mine was dirty like the OP.

548E002C-988B-4D9F-BE15-80093DAB9CA6.jpg

What I found was disturbing. Not sure why it got wet but it seems the actuator was submerged enough for the motor to rust pretty good. It was seized but I took all the sprockets out and churned the motor by hand until it felt better. I also cleaned the contacts like the OP did.

Figured I should reinstall and see if anything changed. I did the reset and I have heat again!!!! Feels so nice to fix this ongoing problem for free.

I'll take a photo tomorrow but once you drop the panel under the dash on the passenger side the actuator is in top of the trans tunnel. Two 7/32" bolts hold it in. Fairly easy job but fiddly.

luv2cruiserccl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I photo would be great thank u I would love to try this mt self

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe