2007 Denali Rough Idle and Stall After Running Long

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One last update: have put a couple thousand miles on my truck since the install and it's been running flawlessly, including during long drives in stop/go traffic in 90°+ heat.

The fuel pump 100% fixed the issue I was having that I started this thread about.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, have not addressed that yet but it's on the to-do list. For what it's worth I feel like it burns a somewhat normal amount of oil for a motor with over 200k miles.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, have not addressed that yet but it's on the to-do list. For what it's worth I feel like it burns a somewhat normal amount of oil for a motor with over 200k miles.

I do not remember if this was mentioned or asked before, do you have the updated driver's side valve cover? It prevents oil loss.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not know that was a known issue with these engines, although valve covers we're an avenue I was going to check for oil consumption.

jrmax88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys and girls. i have read dozens and dozens of posts about this issue. well i have found the ANSWER!!! the reason no one has found it is because everyone has been changing parts and not pulling the trucks apart. go to your crank position sensor unpolug it and open up that harness. you will find the 3 wires fused together. they only affect the engine when hot. get a new pigtail, install individually tape each wire and problem solved-guaranteed.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys and girls. i have read dozens and dozens of posts about this issue. well i have found the ANSWER!!! the reason no one has found it is because everyone has been changing parts and not pulling the trucks apart. go to your crank position sensor unpolug it and open up that harness. you will find the 3 wires fused together. they only affect the engine when hot. get a new pigtail, install individually tape each wire and problem solved-guaranteed.

Did you read post number 31?

That was posted almost three years ago?

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the fuel pump was the issue. 3 years later the truck still runs like a top have not had this issue pop up again since replacing the fuel pump. I've put about 50k miles on this truck since then.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the fuel pump was the issue. 3 years later the truck still runs like a top have not had this issue pop up again since replacing the fuel pump. I've put about 50k miles on this truck since then.

Did you ever figure out the oil burn?

I assumed you read about the oil consumption TSB on early AFM engines and dealt with it as well.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the oil burn?

I assumed you read about the oil consumption TSB on early AFM engines and dealt with it as well.

To this day still haven't tackled the oil issue. I'm unaware of and service bulletins related to oil issues with my motor, got a link?

Recently had to replace ring and pinion on my front differential so I've been trying to hold of on putting more money into the truck for a minute. It still leaks a little oil at about the same rate (hasn't gotten worse) 50k miles later - though my fuel mileage has gotten noticeably worse over the past year or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts