2007 Denali AWD Lowering Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome. Makes me regret doing the 4/6 drop on mine even more

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 26’s on my 02 Denali with a 2/3 drop and they still rubbed a bit. Looked great though. I’m glad I went smaller lol. Looks are one thing but it’s nice to be able to just jump in and drive too.

OP
OP
superstarsteveo

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had 26’s on my 02 Denali with a 2/3 drop and they still rubbed a bit. Looked great though. I’m glad I went smaller lol. Looks are one thing but it’s nice to be able to just jump in and drive too.

As the suspension settled more and more the Denali is rubbing more than an asian lady at a massage parlor. I road tripped it the other day and every time the front end loaded up it scrubbed pretty good. Im trying to decide if I want to mill a larger front spacer to compensate for the "settled" height. A buddy said "oh just bag it" nahhhh lol

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Leo1103 keeps doing the same thing to me. blah blah just bag it blah blah blah lol

I had to raise my front 1/2" with a spacer under the strut. It was fine for about a week but now it's starting to rub again. idk what's up with these trucks and settling no matter what you do to them

OP
OP
superstarsteveo

superstarsteveo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Leo1103 keeps doing the same thing to me. blah blah just bag it blah blah blah lol

I had to raise my front 1/2" with a spacer under the strut. It was fine for about a week but now it's starting to rub again. idk what's up with these trucks and settling no matter what you do to them

Back in the day Beltech and several other manufactures made "lowered shocks" which were supposed to shorten the throw of the shock as well as have extra dampening. I havent had much time to research this option, however I seem to remember using these on my mini truck back in the day and they rode like shiitake.

Maybe playing with spacers on the CNC machine is the best way to solve the settling problem??

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
Back in the day Beltech and several other manufactures made "lowered shocks" which were supposed to shorten the throw of the shock as well as have extra dampening. I havent had much time to research this option, however I seem to remember using these on my mini truck back in the day and they rode like shiitake.

Maybe playing with spacers on the CNC machine is the best way to solve the settling problem??
Dude you have done what I've been wanting to do! I've been looking for someone who would have some insight on this. I love how the truck sits! Ok my first concern, when you rub, is it on the plastic liner or metal? I've removed my liner completely. I was working on it and just never put it back on...seems to me roomier... As far as the spacer you milled....was it to lift it or to push the strut out towards the fender? I'm going with the Max Trac drop kit 3/4. Comes with 2 inch lowering spindle, 1 inch front lowering coil and 4 inch lowering coils for the rear with shock extenders for the rear as well as new rear air ride sensor rods to retain the air ride. I talked to the tech and he said it runs all stock struts. I don't mind a bit of negative camber. I've dealt with it in my cars it just becomes natural to me now lol. Also lol you joked about your buddy saying to "just bag it"......is there a kit for these??? That would be my ideal thing but I've searched far and wide and I can't find one....do you know of one? Right now static is my only option lol.

SleeperDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dude you have done what I've been wanting to do! I've been looking for someone who would have some insight on this. I love how the truck sits! Ok my first concern, when you rub, is it on the plastic liner or metal? I've removed my liner completely. I was working on it and just never put it back on...seems to me roomier... As far as the spacer you milled....was it to lift it or to push the strut out towards the fender? I'm going with the Max Trac drop kit 3/4. Comes with 2 inch lowering spindle, 1 inch front lowering coil and 4 inch lowering coils for the rear with shock extenders for the rear as well as new rear air ride sensor rods to retain the air ride. I talked to the tech and he said it runs all stock struts. I don't mind a bit of negative camber. I've dealt with it in my cars it just becomes natural to me now lol. Also lol you joked about your buddy saying to "just bag it"......is there a kit for these??? That would be my ideal thing but I've searched far and wide and I can't find one....do you know of one? Right now static is my only option lol.

So I'm in the process of doing the same thing now. Same kit and everything. Going with 24s so I might mitigate some of the rubbing issues. How did it turn out?

Bakkulaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Denali XL with the Maxtrac 3/4 drop paired with Belltech shocks. I didnt use the spindles to get the 3" drop in the front but instead took the rings off the shocks.

Other day I fitted my 22's with 305/40 and i can barely turn the wheels. Would adding spacers to push the wheels out a little help with this?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it hitting? I’m lowered 2” with 305’s and had to massage the liner but no metal. I’d think you can do the same. See where you’re rubbing before going with spacers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu