2007 Denali Aftermarket head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCNicolay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time post- I'm updating the head unit in my 07 Denali. Factory system, no nav, no backup camera, Bose system with factory sub. I've done over a hundred car audio installs before, multi-amp systems, speaker swaps, subs, etc and this one has been the biggest challenge. I'm using the Axxess LC-GMRC-LAN-01 and the Axxess ASWC-1 Auto detect for maintaining steering wheel controls. Followed all instruction guidance meticulously. First issue was no accessory power to head unit. Following the harness instructions did not provide accessory power. That's been corrected for the head unit and the ASWC-1.

Two questions:

First, the HU has power, appears to be functioning correctly and turns off with ignition, but no sound from the speakers, nothing. The original head unit did have an aftermarket Parrot Bluetooth installed. I've removed those components But I wouldn't expect that to prevent sound from coming thru. Is it possible there's a factory amp that needs bypassed? Stumped.

Second question is how do I identify which wire is the Steering Wheel Control Wire? Guidance on the install doc for ASWC-1 and for this vehicle says: 3) Connect the Pink wire of the ASWC-1 to pin 13 of the vehicle. https://metradealer.com/files/aswc/ASWC-1_INST_329.pdf I found a plug that looks IDENTICAL to the image in the install doc (attached), identified which wire should be pin 13 and coincidentally it was the same color, pink.

Any help would be so, so appreciated!

Arrgh!!!!

IMG_0445.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it says the adapter you are using is for non amplified systems, the bose unit has it's own amp, from what you are describing it looks like your using the wrong adapter, you should be using one that is bose ready, also if yours is the bose premium system that requires even a different adapter, I changed my 2012 over to a pioneer nex8000 with a bose premium and got everything to work except front/rear fade because there isn't a available aftermarket adapter for the fade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons