2007 chevy tahoe service lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have alot of problems now. I dropped my truck last year with a belltech 2/3 drop. A few months ago, I stopped hearing the auto ride pump working. Didnt really do anything about it because the truck is not used for towing or hauling. As of a month ago, the service suspension light came on but went off for a week or two. Now, I have the check engine, service suspension, stabilink service, abs and service traction lights on all the time. I took it for a ride yesterday and now it feels like I have no suspension in my vehicle. Brought it to two different mechanics and they both had two different ideas. One mechanic said it was a wheel speed sensor and the other said it was ABS ECU. I need help.....

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have alot of problems now. I dropped my truck last year with a belltech 2/3 drop. A few months ago, I stopped hearing the auto ride pump working. Didnt really do anything about it because the truck is not used for towing or hauling. As of a month ago, the service suspension light came on but went off for a week or two. Now, I have the check engine, service suspension, stabilink service, abs and service traction lights on all the time. I took it for a ride yesterday and now it feels like I have no suspension in my vehicle. Brought it to two different mechanics and they both had two different ideas. One mechanic said it was a wheel speed sensor and the other said it was ABS ECU. I need help.....

Check the wire connectors on the top of the frame rails right behind where the rear shocks bolt up. Check both sides. Although, I don't see how this would trigger a Check Engine light.

When you say it feels like no suspension, you mean it's really soft or really firm?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What codes did the mechanics present to you? If none, fire them and go buy your own Tech-2 so you can work on this thing.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck feels wobbly, like I'm on a boat

Yeah, the system is dead. Check those connectors. They very often get knocked loose just from the thought of messing with that top shock bolt. If your drop kit had new shocks, then you could've knocked that connector loose and it finally worked its way unplugged.

Other than that, check the fuses pertinent to the suspension system. I think there are two. I know one is labeled "RTD" for Real-Time Damping.

*EDIT* It might just be one fuse (30A) and the system I'm thinking of that uses two fuses is the ALC (Auto-Leveling Control.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the front pass side wheel speed sensor replaced and that cleared everything. My auto ride still doesnt work but I think its the pump. Anyone know a quick way to test the pump. They are only about $150 but I want to check to make sure it the pump.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the front pass side wheel speed sensor replaced and that cleared everything. My auto ride still doesnt work but I think its the pump. Anyone know a quick way to test the pump. They are only about $150 but I want to check to make sure it the pump.

Usually, if the pump is bad, it's because it is locked up. A locked-up motor will pop a fuse. Check the fuse for the ALC (large pink box-shaped fuse with clear top) to see if it's blown.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked fuse and its good, guess the pump is shot. Found one on amazon for $139, lets see whay happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts