2007 chevy tahoe leaking coolant.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LegoSharks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey,

So apox. 2 months ago my chevy tahoe started leaking coolant due to stains in my driveway and the fact that the coolant levels would go down at a irregular rate (basically needing to add more every couple of days of driving.). I THINK it might be from the heater core but have 0 clue how to fix it if it is or how to even diagnose where its leaking from if it isnt.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So apox. 2 months ago my chevy tahoe started leaking coolant due to stains in my driveway and the fact that the coolant levels would go down at a irregular rate (basically needing to add more every couple of days of driving.). I THINK it might be from the heater core but have 0 clue how to fix it if it is or how to even diagnose where its leaking from if it isnt.

You need to get in there with a light and start looking around. Could be a heater line or hose or tee fitting at the firewall. Where is your leak hitting the ground at in relation to the vehicle?

OP
OP
L

LegoSharks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the car is at an incline right now so its actually location might be skewed but in relation to the car it's in line with the back of the front tires.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the car is at an incline right now so its actually location might be skewed but in relation to the car it's in line with the back of the front tires.

I have a slight leak behind my r/f tire. Looks like one of the rear heater lines either developed a pin hole leak or it was cut and somebody put a rubber hose and clamps on it. If you turn your wheel and pull the inner fender back you can look in there and try to trace the the leak.

E031C991-AEAA-4A34-B780-826D69BF5F45.jpeg031B33AB-F0EE-4E96-A515-B4CFFB01CC8C.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17